Any 3rd Party Drivers and Configuration Tools Available?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Oem

Any 3rd Party Drivers and Configuration Tools Available?

Post by Oem »

I have the OG Space Navigator and almost always give up trying to use it in frustration. Im so tired of how clunky this device is to configure. Every year or so I think "maybe they will have fixed things" but it seems to be getting worse. My latest problem was having drift in the device, unable to find a calibrate, and because the device hooks itself into everything and is impossible to quit.. I couldnt navigate windows or chrome to find a solution or stop in scrolling around excel and other programs I had open.. eventually I just unplugged it but then I couldnt access configuration... when I could I found I had to configure it for every single program separately.

Some of my gripes include the following.

No universal settings configuration option.
Configuration is horrible. Having to edit XML files is ridiculous. Should be able to remap everything easily.
Loss of the calibrate option.
No way to adjust response curves.
No way to change settings without being in the program that you want to change.
Trying to run and creating configs for every damn program I run. (I do not need spacenavigator in notepad!.)
No way to easily disable in certain programs.
No way to stop it loading with windows.
No way to stop the software from the task bar.
Demanding that I setup a shortcut key in Photoshop even though I dont use it in there
No Illustrator Support.

Has anyone found any 3rd party software that actually makes this device a joy to use?