Spacemosue enterprices do not recognize Inventro enviroment

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bencol

Spacemosue enterprices do not recognize Inventro enviroment

Post by bencol »

Hi all,
3Dconnextion drivers stopped recognizing environments in Inventor 2020, no matter if I'm in part, assembly or drawing
it always "Inventor - default" so I can only assign one button for all environments. Before I had "Inventor - Part", "Inventor - Assembly" etc . Already tried reinstalling drivers (with full clean up https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/ ... ndows.html), tried older version, updated inventor. I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
ngomes

Re: Spacemosue enterprices do not recognize Inventro enviroment

Post by ngomes »

bencol wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:44 am I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
The application environment is detected by an add-in. In Inventor, go to ribbon > Tools tab > Add-ins to open the "Add-In Manager" panel. Then check if the 3Dconnexion add-in (3DxInventor) is loaded and set to load automatically.

If it is marked "blocked", you may have installed the 3Dconnexion software to an unsecured directory. Inventor pretty much requires all software to be installed to "C:\Program Files".
Nuno Gomes
bencol

Post by bencol »

Now it's all working like it used to.
Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

bencol wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:21 am Now it's all working like it used to.
Did you have to change anything to get it to work?
Andrei711

Post by Andrei711 »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:51 am
bencol wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:44 am I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
The application environment is detected by an add-in. In Inventor, go to ribbon > Tools tab > Add-ins to open the "Add-In Manager" panel. Then check if the 3Dconnexion add-in (3DxInventor) is loaded and set to load automatically.

If it is marked "blocked", you may have installed the 3Dconnexion software to an unsecured directory. Inventor pretty much requires all software to be installed to "C:\Program Files".

In my Add-In Manager 2022 I dont see any 3DxInventor. Should I un-install and then install back the 3D Connexion software??
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Andrei711 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:36 am In my Add-In Manager 2022 I dont see any 3DxInventor. Should I un-install and then install back the 3D Connexion software??
Did you install the 3Dconnexion software to the default directory at "C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion"? If not, please try that and see if Inventor will now find the add-in.