SpacePilot Pro CTRL,ALT,ESC,Shift keys doing other things

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

M.Nijkamp

Re: SpacePilot Pro CTRL,ALT,ESC,Shift keys doing other thing

Post by M.Nijkamp »

I have the same problem too. I tried all drivers there are, but the buttons keep being mixed up. Didn't expect that from such an expensive device.
I also contacted several times with 3D connexion but the solution couldn't be given.
I tried resetting the device by pressing buttons one and two but this wouldn't work either on my spacepilot pro.
M.Nijkamp

Post by M.Nijkamp »

I have the same problem too. I tried all drivers there are, but the buttons keep being mixed up. Didn't expect that from such an expensive device.
I also contacted several times with 3D connexion but the solution couldn't be given.
I tried resetting the device by pressing buttons one and two but this wouldn't work either on my spacepilot pro.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello M.Nijkamp -

On a Space Pilot PRO the buttons for a harware restart are the Menu and Fit buttons rather than Button #1 an #2 as is used for the other devices. This will only help if the device is not not being recognized - it will not correct a problem with button mapping.

If your buttons were initially working correctly, the problem may be a corrupted profile. You can return the Space Pilot PRO to its original behavior using the clean install steps.

Which application are you using ? Does the problem occur in more than one application ? If you are seeing a problem after a clean install , we can help with more specific answers if we know which application and button editor you're using.
------------
Barbara
M.Nijkamp

Post by M.Nijkamp »

Thanks Barbara for your answer.

It seems that the problem has gone after doing the reset-thing. At first it didn't help, but after a minute or so it worked as it should. I also installed the latest stable driver without doing a cleanup in the registry.
I also had plugged the SpacePilot Pro into an other computer before the hardware reset and the problem occurred there too.
thank you!
Sindrian

Re: SpacePilot Pro CTRL,ALT,ESC,Shift keys doing other things

Post by Sindrian »

In case anyone else is still using one of these and was unable to fix it with the steps laid out here (like me), I have found another fix.

If you open up the SpaceMouse Pro (screws under the bottom five pads, three under central sticker, disconnect the USB cable from the upper board holding the screen, disconnect the small ribbon cable connecting the two boards (pull the black part of the connector towards the ribbon cable to release it), unscrew the larger board (silver screws), and carefully disconnect the puck at the red connector, you will be able to look at the components on the board. For me, there were a couple spots between two resistors just below the central chip where the solder had bridged. I carefully scraped the board between the resistors, put everything back together, and low and behold, the ESC, CTRL, ALT, and SHIFT buttons now work as intended! If anyone needs pictures, let me know.