Unreal Engine 5.0.3 SpaceMouse® Enterprise viewports broken

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tigershark94

Unreal Engine 5.0.3 SpaceMouse® Enterprise viewports broken

Post by tigershark94 »

Hello, So I noticed a bug in Unreal Engine 5.0.3- i previously wrote about this issue in march. It has to do with the viewport in the Blueprint editor & animation editor. It seems to ignore all my settings for rotation.

For UE I have the setting to be object mode:rotation center: Auto:Use selected. navigation: dominant. this works for the main editor it rotates as it should around the selected object. However in the Blueprint editor & animation editor. It seems to ignore my settings for rotation.It does not rotate or frame to the selected object or be in object mode. it flies all over the place and zooms in and out crazy like its in camera mode or helicopter mode.
After some troubleshooting I turned off Use selected.I kept the object mode settings as before :rotation center: Auto:navigation: dominant.
and it fixed the viewport in Blueprint editor & animation editor. The problem is now the main editor wont frame to selection or rotate around the selected object. So it seems that the 3dconnexion plugin is sending different commands to the different viewports. Something related to the use selected checkbox. it fixed one viewport and broke the other viewport.with 1 click it breaks navigation.

I have been plagued with this issue with 4.27 and now 5.0.3 since march i dont know what to do. ive wrote to support, gave log files, did registry edits.i dont know if its just my space mouse.