Spacepilot maya problems

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

goeroe

Spacepilot maya problems

Post by goeroe »

Hi

I just updated the spacepilot drivers and now when i press shift or control i get this message: Error: Cannot find procedure "Shift".

I had this problem also with older driver versions but the version before this one worked fine but the newest one has this problem. So i just will install the older one again but i hope that this problem will be fixed.

Thnx,

Goeroe
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi goeroe, using the new release (3DxSoftware v. 3.0.7), start Maya and then open the 3DxWare panel: ensure the selected configuration is "Maya" (and not "Maya - username". Try to reproduce the problem again and post the result in this thread.
Nuno Gomes
goeroe

Post by goeroe »

hi thank you for the reply.

When i change the configuration back to maya it all works perfectly!
But when i change anything it changes the configuration to maya-username and the problem is back :(
So i hope there is a sollution...

Thanks for your help!
goeroe

Post by goeroe »

now when i change the configuration to maya i get the same problems....
but when i change it to "any application" it works.
But when i put it to maya it say's : Error: Cannot find procedure "_3DxOnDriverFunctionsChanged". and the shift and cntrl don't work.

so i don't know what to do :)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

It appears that your personalized 3DxWare configuration Maya is configured that particular way and, as such, it does not seem to be a bug.
The best is for your to clear your personalized 3DxWare configuration: open the 3DxWare and select "Delete Saved Configuration..." from the "Options" menu. On the "Remove User Configurations" panel, delete the "Maya - <your_username> configuration. Close the panel and try to reproduce the problem again.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

goeroe wrote:now when i change the configuration to maya i get the same problems....
but when i change it to "any application" it works.
But when i put it to maya it say's : Error: Cannot find procedure "_3DxOnDriverFunctionsChanged". and the shift and cntrl don't work.
This will require further investigation. Please post your system details and Maya version.
goeroe

Post by goeroe »

I really don't know what could be the problem. It works fine when i work in the "all application" configuration but when i change it the problems are back.

my specs are:

maya 7.01
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
2 gig
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

thanks for your help!
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Do you have your own usersetup.mel?

I have encountered this issue with a local, user specific, usersetup.mel, which the installer doesn't find. Generally this file is located in (for maya 7.0) "C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts". If this file exists then the default usersetup.mel in "C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya7.0\scripts\startup", which is installed by the plug-in is ignored.

Some means of loading the plug-in is needed. Currently this is achieved by adding the command MagellanStartup to the usersetup.mel. The convention in maya is that commands, in this case MagellanStartup are located in a file with the same name i.e. MagellanStartup.mel.
The MagellanStartup.mel file ought to be located in "C:\Program Files\Alias\Maya7.0\scripts\startup".

For compatibility with older versions of maya, the binary plug-in 3dxmaya.mll is loaded by the MagellanStartup script.

I am now guessing what may have happened.

I have been able to reproduce the issue with a personal usersetup.mel with the following scenario:
Because the plug-in didn't load at all, I went to the Plug-in Manager dialog "Window->Setting/Preferences->Plug-in Manager...' and activated both the 'loaded' and 'autoload' checkboxes.

The above leads to the reported issue. The reason is that the MagellanStartup.mel script has not been loaded and the functions that the plug-in attempts to callback are not in memory. A clue may be that the 3dconnexion menu and shelf '3D control' are missing.

A simple test would be to execute the MagellanStartup command in the script editor.

Should the above be the case then the one needs to uncheck the 'auto load' check box (it should not be checked) and add MagellanStartup to the usersetup.mel file. (An alternative to manually editing the file should be to run the update wizard - This worked on my machine).

Markus
goeroe

Post by goeroe »

Thank you mbonk!

i almost got it now but it still doesn't work.
I don't have a personal usersetup.
But it seems maya doesn't start the MagellanStartup.mel!
When i do it manually in maya it all works!!!!!
But it doesn't start the script up when starting maya :(
But when i put other mel scripts into the startup.mel they all work.
So i am very confused now. Why doesn't maya start my MagellanStartup??? it is there in my startup.mel

I hope you can help me because i am so close to getting it to work :)

Thanks
goeroe

Post by goeroe »

OK I GOT IT!!!

Thank you! There also was a MagellanStartup.mel in my
C:\Documents and Settings\%user%\My Documents\maya\7.0\scripts folder which seemed to be the problem. I deleted it and now it all works!

So i am very happy and want to thank you all!!!!
Snow123

Post by Snow123 »

I had this problem also with older driver versions but the version before this one worked fine but the newest one has this problem. So i just will install the older one again but i hope that this problem will be fixed. :D
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

I currently suspect that installing a new version of maya and migrating the preferences from a previous version may lead to this issue.
Let us know what the outcome of downgrading the plug-in is.

Markus