SpaceMouse Wireless compatability with CadMouse Pro Wireless.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

noel

SpaceMouse Wireless compatability with CadMouse Pro Wireless.

Post by noel »

I already have a CadMouse Pro Wireless about one year old.

Before buying a SpaceMouse Wireless, I'd like to confirm it will be compatible with the wireless of the existing CadMouse Pro Wireless.

Has anyone successfully added a SpaceMouse Wireless to an existing CadMouse Pro Wireless?

Also, I see the marketing of the SpaceMouse has a price encouragement to buy the kit, complete with a 3DConnexion mouse.

That's great for new users but it presents as a price penalty for anyone like me who wants to upgrade.

Does anyone know of an upgrade path without the price penalty?
olympicsveal

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless compatability with CadMouse Pro Wireless.

Post by olympicsveal »

I was wondering if anybody has tried connecting a SpaceMouse Wireless to a CadMouse Pro Wireless and had any luck doing so. I also noticed that the SpaceMouse's advertising includes a pricing incentive to purchase the package, which includes a 3DConnexion mouse. That's terrific for brand-new users, but it's a bit of a bummer for those like me who want to upgrade.
ngomes

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless compatability with CadMouse Pro Wireless.

Post by ngomes »

Any wireless CadMouse and SpaceMouse devices can be connected to the same Universal Receiver on Windows.

On the Mac, only wireless SpaceMouse can be paired to a Universal Receiver.

Older wireless SpaceMouse devices shipped with a dedicated receiver, not a Universal Receiver. Only the Univeral Receiver and Keyboard Pro can be paired to multiple devices types (up to five).

Before purchasing a new product, confirm if you have an Universal Receiver or a Keyboard Pro. The "About" panel of the "3Dconnexion Properties" program can be used to confirm what are the exact device types.
Nuno Gomes