Macro Button Layers

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Matthew10_28

Macro Button Layers

Post by Matthew10_28 »

I've got the SpaceMouse Pro and I'd like to be able to extend the 4 macro buttons I have now by adding modifiers like shift, ctrl, and alt. This would expand it to 16 macros and as much as 28 if your had multiple modifiers like shift ctrl 1, ctrl alt 1, etc. Is there any way to do this in the xml config file?
jwick

Re: Macro Button Layers

Post by jwick »

Similar request to this
Matthew10_28

Post by Matthew10_28 »

Seems so, but are their examples of how to do this in the xml config file?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Here is another similar thread

Currently you can do a lot of these things by editing XML files, but it is difficult to keep track of what you are doing.
The GUI will help you in some very limited ways.

The solution isn't ideal because you would lose your modifier buttons, though I might be able to figure out a way of minimizing that.
Some applications will fight you. But, for temporary buttons, you might be able to hold them off.

Fundamentally, it requires changing the CurrentButtonBank value on the fly to an alternate ButtonBank. You can do that with Button Actions.
You will be adding a ShiftButtonBank, CtrlButtonBank, AltButtonBank.

You could also add RadialMenus to your buttons, which will give you 4 or 8 actions on each button. You can do that with the GUI.
Or you can add RadialMenus when holding down the button for a LongPress. You can not do that with the GUI.

To support this well, it needs GUI support. And some XML changes.

In the meantime, if you want to experiment, PM me your email address and I'll put together a sample file for you to try.

And, of course, I must add "none of this is supported, the behavior may change at any moment, etc."
jwick

Post by jwick »

PM me for an example for doing this. It works rather well IMO.