Wireless SpaceMouse v wired

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

pcnukem

Wireless SpaceMouse v wired

Post by pcnukem »

Could anyone please tell me if you use a wireless SpaceMouse with the lead plugged into USB it should work exactly the same as a wired SpaceMouse?
carv

Re: Wireless SpaceMouse v wired

Post by carv »

I have a wireless SpaceMouse. Whenever the internal battery is running low and needs a recharge, I turn off the wireless connection switch on its underside, plug it into my laptop using the provided micro-USB cable that came with the mouse, and then use the mouse like normal. Since the wireless connection is not present (because I switch it off), the computer can only communicate with the mouse through the USB, hence making the product behave no differently than a Wired-only SpaceMouse.
DavidV

Post by DavidV »

by pcnukem » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:18 am

Could anyone please tell me if you use a wireless SpaceMouse with the lead plugged into USB it should work exactly the same as a wired SpaceMouse?
Carv is correct. if you plug the mousse directly in with the provided USB cable it will work exactly the same. There is also no need to turn it off because the driver automatically switches to HardWired mode.
aileyeri

Post by aileyeri »

In order to recharge the mouse's battery, I turn off the wireless connection switch on its underside, connect it to my laptop through the micro-USB cable that came with the mouse, and then use the mouse as usual.