Creo Sketch Functionality Problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Lboddah

Creo Sketch Functionality Problem

Post by Lboddah »

Hello,

I bought a spacemouse pro to use mostly with Creo and Catia. While working with creo, at the start up, it gives me "Unable to start application '3DxProEngineer' due to failure in starting Creo Platform Agent" and "Startup of application '3DxProEngineer' failed" messages. Although, spacemouse can be used properly after I enable it manually from Tools > Auxiliary Applications > 3DxProEngineer Start command.

But my problem is not related with running the spacemouse functionality, the buttons and 3-Dof puck works fine. The problem is spacemouse does not recognize that I switch from 3D modelling to sketching and does not lock rotation. It would also great whether I can assign buttons for both 3D modelling and 2D sketching separately. It is the case for Catia.

I hope it is clear for you and suggest me a way to work around.

Thank you.
AmroSalih

Re: Creo Sketch Functionality Problem

Post by AmroSalih »

Hello,

which software feature of Creo are you using and which exact version is it?

Regarding the inability to lock rotation there are troubleshooting steps. I'd wait for a reply with information of the software version.

There isn't any integrated feature for 3DConnexion software and devices in software CATIA when assigning buttons for 3D modeelling and 2D sketching separately.
Amro Bobiec
Lboddah

Post by Lboddah »

For Creo it is 4.0 M100 and Catia is V5-6R2019. Spacemouse locks rotating itselft when skecthing is active in Catia but not in Creo. Thanks for your interest.
Lboddah

Post by Lboddah »

Sorry for late reply, I should have mentioned it in the first post. Creo is 4.0 M100 and Catia is V5-6R2019. In Creo auxiliary tools, it says 3DxProEngineer version 34 - 2017110. 3DxWare version 10.8.8.34388 and 3DxWinCore 17.8.8.19525. Thank you for your interest.
AmroSalih

Post by AmroSalih »

Hello,

when i browse in software PTC Creo Parametric to the File Tab in the upper left corner and open the menu > Help > About > Creo Parametric it is displaying the version.

Can you please visit the link to contact with our support team?
https://3dconnexion.com/uk/support-request/login/
Amro Bobiec