Double dongle setup (Home-PC / Field-Laptop)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Nory

Double dongle setup (Home-PC / Field-Laptop)

Post by Nory »

Hey people.

I have sort of an problem. For the last 3 years at home I have Spacemouse Enterprize an for my laptop I got myself Spacemouse Wireless so I can take it with. Now my wife bought me CAD mouse Pro wireless and now some "problems" have been bugging me. Is there a way that I can have one dongle at home pc and other in my laptop and the CAD mouse can connect at home or or on a field/trip without allways seting up connections first on the one than on the other.

For example I work at home and the original dongle from CAD mouse is in PC and works with Enterprize. I turn it off and take it woth me on a field/trip and in my laptop is allways connected dongle from Space mouse wireless and it dosent recognize it without setup process. I know its a diferent dongle but it would be nice if it can memorise double dongle.

I know maybe its a stupi question but I have to try maybe there is a solution.

Thanks in advance - Take care
luping

Re: Double dongle setup (Home-PC / Field-Laptop)

Post by luping »

Buy another CadMouse Pro Wireless, it solves all the hassle.
ngomes

Re: Double dongle setup (Home-PC / Field-Laptop)

Post by ngomes »

Nory wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:37 am Is there a way that I can have one dongle at home pc and other in my laptop and the CAD mouse can connect at home or or on a field/trip without allways seting up connections first on the one than on the other.
You can use the dongle on one machine and a Bluetooth connection on the other. In the underside of your CadMouse Pro Wireless, you can switch between the two connection modes.

Also, any wireless CadMouse model will work over a cable connection (this can be handy when the machine's Bluetooth connectivity is playing up). This isn't as comfortable as a wireless connection but it will work fine.
Nuno Gomes