HOME position in fusion 360

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

tomasz

HOME position in fusion 360

Post by tomasz »

Hi

It would seem that going to HOME is a trivial operation for a 3D mouse enterprise. Unfortunately, I can't find a way to assign any key to change the view to HOME. Will someone help?
Regards
Thomas
ngomes

Re: HOME position in fusion 360

Post by ngomes »

Did you try looking through the list of application commands (in the "Fusion" category on the "Buttons" panel of "3Dconnexion Properties").

Failing that, you can always assign a keyboard key or short cut to a device button.
Nuno Gomes
tomasz

Post by tomasz »

Thanks for the help.

Unfortunately, the list of available views in "Buttons" panel of "3Dconnexion Properties" contains top, left, right,... but not HOME. As far as I know, home is only available as a mouse click on the HOME icon. There is no keyboard shortcut. I have yet to ask on the Fusion forum.

Regards
Tomasz
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

tomasz wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:20 pm the list of available views in "Buttons" panel of "3Dconnexion Properties" contains top, left, right,... but not HOME.
Try the ISO1 and ISO2 views. Perhaps one of them will be close to "home".
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

With Z as up then the ISO 1 view is the same as the standard Home position, and if you have something selected then it zooms to the selected part which home doesn't do. Z as up can be changed to default in preferences, on the first page 'Default modeling orientation'.

In Fusion we can change the Home view but the ISO views don't change.
I did ask about adding a function so we could save V1,2,3 buttons to the design at one point, which I believe is what happens in Inventor, but didn't get much response. It was in a thread about the SME, maybe we should add it as a request on the main forum, along with a few other things.
Being able to assign V1 to Home would be great but I haven't found a command or keystroke to do that.
tomasz

Post by tomasz »

"Being able to assign V1 to Home would be great but I haven't found a command or keystroke to do that." :(

Thanks

Regards
Tomasz
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

woodulike wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:12 am Being able to assign V1 to Home would be great but I haven't found a command or keystroke to do that.
In Fusion, go to Home and then press-and-hold the "V1" key: it will save the current view for the duration of the application session. This means you will need to change V1 each time you start the application but, until we can come up with a better alternative, perhaps this will help you out.