Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

woodulike

Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Post by woodulike »

I've been using my spacemouse entreprise with Fusion 360 for nearly a year and in that time there have been changes so the SME now recognises when I am in a sketch and I can assign different commands just for the sketch.

I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies but changing between Features, sketch, markup etc. doesn't change anything on the screen of the SME.

Is this normal or am I missing something? I'm used to having several drawing tools and constrains at my fingertips when in a sketch mode then changing back once I've finished the sketch. I was looking to do the same in SW but the screen doesn't change when I start a sketch.

Is this normal or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for any tips.
ngomes

Re: Buttons on Enterprise with Solidworks

Post by ngomes »

woodulike wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 am I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies [...]
That's the expected behaviour. In SOLIDWORKS, the add-in will detect "part", "assembly" and "drawing" formats, following the document type.
Nuno Gomes
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

ngomes wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:40 am
woodulike wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 am I'm about to change jobs and the new company uses solidworks so I've been trying it out at home. I see I can assign different buttons in parts and assemblies [...]
That's the expected behaviour. In SOLIDWORKS, the add-in will detect "part", "assembly" and "drawing" formats, following the document type.
But is it possible for it to recognise when I am in a sketch?

Maybe the workflow is different in SW. Over the next few weeks I'll find out if I still miss having differnt commands on the buttons when sketching or if it isn't necessary.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

woodulike wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:04 pm But is it possible for it to recognise when I am in a sketch?
No. The add-in follows the document type: part, assembly or drawing are the recognised contexts.
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

OK, thanks. That is clear!