SpecaNavigator doesn't remember Zbrush settings.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Cagatay Ozkan

SpecaNavigator doesn't remember Zbrush settings.

Post by Cagatay Ozkan »

Recently i realized space navigator supported zbrush perfectly i have a littlle issue. It's so basic and i believe you can fix it in minute guys! Problem is this: I am changing properties in 3d connection app. But it is not remember after i close the zbrush. Every time i am opening zbrush right after that i have to re-open spacenavigator app and clicking advanced setting and on Navigation modes tab, i am picking target camera mode thick and lock horizon thick. Again again again every day 2-3 times minumum amount i am doing it. Because your app does not remember this settings.
DavidV

Re: SpecaNavigator doesn't remember Zbrush settings.

Post by DavidV »

Recently i realized space navigator supported zbrush perfectly i have a littlle issue. It's so basic and i believe you can fix it in minute guys! Problem is this: I am changing properties in 3d connection app. But it is not remember after i close the zbrush. Every time i am opening zbrush right after that i have to re-open spacenavigator app and clicking advanced setting and on Navigation modes tab, i am picking target camera mode thick and lock horizon thick. Again again again every day 2-3 times minumum amount i am doing it. Because your app does not remember this settings.
You may have to delete the configurations for ZBrush in the Roaming folder. Please try the steps below.

1. Close ZBrush.
2. Go to Start and do a search for “Stop 3DxWare” and stop the driver.
3. Open File Explorer
4. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg
5. Delete XML sheet that says ZBrush
6. Close File Explorer
7. Go to Start and do a search for “Start 3DxWare” and start the driver.
8. Start ZBrush.
9. Test
Cagatay Ozkan

Post by Cagatay Ozkan »

Thank you for reply. Actually i wrote the my problems as a mail to 3d connexion's supports. And they solved my problem i gave some permissions to folder in the users\appdata\roaming\connexion\3DxWare\Cfg
after that it fixed. Now zbrush is remembering the settings.

ty again for another solutions. Maybe someone utilize from it in the future.
Cagatay Ozkan

Post by Cagatay Ozkan »

I am posting again sory for this but i have read your solution now. And i realized exatly i did this but it was not intentionally. I completely deleted everything and also AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare folder separately and i setup after that again and i gave the permission to this folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg

i right clicked to cfg folder and in the security tab i gave the some permissions. This worked or as you mantioned full removing and setup again is worked i dont know exactly.