SpaceMouse Blender behavior changed after 10.8.11 update

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ArchVisKatie

SpaceMouse Blender behavior changed after 10.8.11 update

Post by ArchVisKatie »

Similar to a previous post (https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic ... er#p110890), after the latest 3DConnexion software update (10.8.11.3519), my SpaceMouse no longer behaves properly in Blender.

The Tilt function (i.e. tilting the cap left/right, resulting in a Dutch angle viewport - outlined in RED, below) now spins on the Z axis.
The Rotate function (i.e. turning the cap left/right - outlined in YELLOW, below) now spins on the X/Y axis.

FYI: My Z axis in Blender is the vertical axis.

These two settings now are somehow switched (not reversed in direction, literally switched).

No matter how many settings I adjust, in the 3DConnexion software and/or in Blender's NDOF settings, I cannot get these two functions to work properly. This latest update has essentially rendered my SpaceMouse useless.
Attachments
wrong rotations.jpg
wrong rotations.jpg (74.28 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
ArchVisKatie

Re: SpaceMouse Blender behavior changed after 10.8.11 update

Post by ArchVisKatie »

UPDATE: I re-downloaded last year's driver (2021) and software from the 3DConnexion site, uninstalled the new version and restarted my computer, then installed the old driver/software.

Things still didn't work properly, so I clicked "Reset All Settings" and that seemed to fix the issue. Somehow it seems that, despite uninstall/clean installation, there were some leftover 3DConnexion files somewhere hidden on my computer that were causing the mouse to use old settings.

Once I reset all settings, suddenly I had the rotate and tilt functions back again, without changing any other settings in Blender or the 3DConnexion software (i.e. no manual changes to the 3DConnexion software settings).
531230236@qq.com

Re: SpaceMouse Blender behavior changed after 10.8.11 update

Post by 531230236@qq.com »

I met the same problem.
but I clicked reset all settings all in OK.