Spacemouse Pro Wireless Drifts - Vray Render Problem

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

RobH

Spacemouse Pro Wireless Drifts - Vray Render Problem

Post by RobH »

I purchased a new Spacemouse Pro Wireless to replace my old wired one that was a champ for 7-years of hard use.

Only issue so far (new 11/30/22 drivers) is that when in 3ds Max 2023 in a camera view and doing a V-Ray Progressive IPR render, the Spacemouse drifts ever so lightly causing the IPR render to restart over and and over and over. It won't complete. If I turn the Spacemouse off, it stops inducing the micro movement and the render finishes normally.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, Calibrated half a dozen times and still get drifting. The drift is almost impossible to perceive but it's there.

The only work around I've found is to lock the 3d cameras translation so that it can't be moved by any input. But that defeats the ability to be able to fly a camera around with the Spacemouse.

Anyone else seeing this issue with the new device and the new drivers? I didn't have it with the old device and the new drivers.
3ds Max 2024, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor
ngomes

Re: Spacemouse Pro Wireless Drifts - Vray Render Problem

Post by ngomes »

RobH wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:26 pm Calibrated half a dozen times and still get drifting. The drift is almost impossible to perceive but it's there.
That shouldn't be happening. I suggest you get in touch with our Technical Support team (contact details here).
Nuno Gomes
RobH

Re: Spacemouse Pro Wireless Drifts - Vray Render Problem

Post by RobH »

Thanks ngomes!
3ds Max 2024, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS x570 Motherboard, Ryzen 9 3950x, 128 GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo DDR4, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Spacemouse Pro Wireless, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor