Spacemouse on screen display bar like keyboard pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

dj_kuehn

Spacemouse on screen display bar like keyboard pro

Post by dj_kuehn »

A few months back I finally bought the keyboard pro to go with my Spacemouse pro and Cadmouse pro. I love it, especially having the num pad next to the spacemouse is incredibly handy.

However, the keyboard also added this handy little menu for all the shortcut buttons. It works great and automatically switches with apps.
Screenshot 2022-12-06 120334.png
Screenshot 2022-12-06 120334.png (3.67 KiB) Viewed 468 times
However, is there any way to get another bar like this for the 4 buttons on the Spacemouse pro (or regular 2 button spacemouse)? The Spacemouse has an "on screen display" option, but to be honest it's fairly useless. With the keyboard, a quick glance reminds me which button I need. With the Spacemouse I have to hold down a button for a second, wait for the pop-up display, release the button to make it go away, then press what I want.

Yes, it's only a few seconds of extra work but it's annoying enough that I never use that feature as I'm better off just guessing which button it is and hitting escape with my pinky if I guess incorrectly. Whereas with the keyboard bar I can know instantly what does what if I forget.

If there is a way to do this already that would be awesome, if not can someone put that in the official corporate feature request box?
DavidV

Re: Spacemouse on screen display bar like keyboard pro

Post by DavidV »

WE currently do not have a way of doing this on any SpaceMouse device. I will pass this along to out dev team to see if its something we can have on a future driver release.