Cadmouse Rhino6 vs Rhino7 issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrf

Cadmouse Rhino6 vs Rhino7 issues

Post by mrf »

I am running Windows 10 Rhino 7 and Rhino 6 at home and Windows 10 Rhino 6 at work. I configured everything at home in Rhino 7 with customized radial menu, then exported, then imported my 3D connexion settings at work and it did not work. The radial menu did not get imported. Out of the box, the cadmouse has middle mouse button as pan and right mouse button as orbit in Rhino 7. At work in Rhino6 the middle mouse button is Popup Toolbar, just like clicking the scroll wheel, and right mouses button is orbit. Why are these not the same in Rhino 6 and Rhino 7? How do I configure them to be the same, with middle mouse button as pan? I need to check at home on Rhino 6 to verify that is also has this discrepancy.

Recap:
- radial menu did not import
- MMB is pan in Rhino 7 which I like, and it is PopupToolbar in Rhino 6. Why is it different and how do I get it to be the same?
mrf

Re: Cadmouse Rhino6 vs Rhino7 issues

Post by mrf »

If anyone else is having this issue, I found the solution. It is not a 3D connexion setting. In Rhino go to Options > Rhino Options > Mouse > and check the box that says "manipulate view", and set it to "pan".