Rhino3D 6 and Rhino3D 7 middle mouse button discrepancy

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrf

Rhino3D 6 and Rhino3D 7 middle mouse button discrepancy

Post by mrf »

I work in both Rhino6 and Rhino7 depending on whether I am at home or at work. With my new compact Cadmouse, out of the box Rhino7 has the middle mouse button as pan and the right mouse button as orbit, while in perspective view. I really liked this because it worked just the same in Fusion360 when I tried it. However when I tried it in Rhino 6 the MMB did the Popup Toolbar instead. I also could not figure out how to configure MMB to pan, because I can't apply the function Shift RMB to the MMB macro. Any help getting MMB to be pan in Rhino 6 would be much appreciated. I tried it in Rhino6 on my home computer and work computer and confirm it is a Rhino6 issue, not something else.

Also, unrelated, after I created a custom radial menu and exported my settings, it didn't work when I uploaded the settings to another computer, and didn't work when I reopened the same computer the following day. The radial menu didn't get saved and didn't get embedded in the profile. I really wish there were some better videos or instructions for configuring the 3D Connection app
mrf

Re: Rhino3D 6 and Rhino3D 7 middle mouse button discrepancy

Post by mrf »

If anyone else is having this issue, I found the solution. It is not a 3D connexion setting. In Rhino go to Options > Rhino Options > Mouse > and check the box that says "manipulate view", and set it to "pan".