SpaceMouse Wireless not working with Revit 2023 under Windows 11

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

don.abel@abelusa.com

SpaceMouse Wireless not working with Revit 2023 under Windows 11

Post by don.abel@abelusa.com »

I've been setting up a new Windows 11 workstation. Everything seems to be working well except for using a SpaceMouse in Revit. When I load a model in Revit and try to use the 3D mouse, the model will shift slightly, but that's about it. I will occasionally get a crash message when closing Revit saying that there is an "instability" with the SpaceMouse and recommends that I update the driver, which I did without success.

My old workstation was a windows 10 box with Revit 2023 and the same SpaceMouse, it worked fine. In fact, on my new Win11 workstation, the SpaceMouse works fine with other Autodesk 2023 applications (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Inventor, etc.), just not Revit.

I've updated everything I can think of including Revit, the SpaceMouse driver, Win 11, even the computer's BIOS, but nothing has helped.

Of course, Revit is the app I need most so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
luping

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless not working with Revit 2023 under Windows 11

Post by luping »

Does the windows 11 OS licence include the downgrade option? Downgrade to Windows 10 if it's important for you to use 3Dconnexion hardware.