Rhino Radial Menu not saving

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mrf

Rhino Radial Menu not saving

Post by mrf »

I have configured my radial menu for Rhino 7 at least 4 times now. Each time I restart my computer, it is gone. I really wish they was an option for "save" within the 3D connexion app, because it is unclear whether you are saving your changes or not, and clearly sometimes it is not saving anything at all. Also, I have been hopping between Rhino 7 and Rhino 6, so I don't know if this might have anything to do with my Rhino 7 radial menu getting cleared. The Rhino 7 radial menu does not show up in Rhino 6, but I see no indication whether the 3D connexion driver recognizes Rhino version as seperate programs.
DavidV

Re: Rhino Radial Menu not saving

Post by DavidV »

Hello MRF,

Usually the mapping saves right at the moment of programing. its possible the XML sheet is corrupt, or the driver is having an issue seeing the difference between the two versions of Rhino.

Let see if you have multiple config files for Rhino and lets try deleting them and see if it fixes the issue.
Stop Rhino
Stop the driver by doing a search in the start menu for "Stop 3DxWare"
Please follow the steps in the link to locate the config files.: https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... ion-files/
Delete anything that says rhino
Close File Explorer.
Start Rhino
Start the driver by doing a search in the start menu for "Start 3DxWare"
Start programing the mapping in Rhino and see if it saves