cadmouse wireless measure macro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mozralbd

cadmouse wireless measure macro

Post by mozralbd »

I can't seem to get the mouse to allow a macro to use a button to measure in Inventor. Keyboard Pro has a preset button for measure in Inventor which works fine. Programming the same command in the mouse 'back button' does nothing. I've even tried making a custom marco (M) and this does nothing also. Does anyone know of a solution? I exported my settings so I could update to the current software version which was required to use/program the Keyboard Pro but trying to import that either creates a runtime error or crashes the 3dx software, Zero thumbs up. Thanks in advance.
DavidV

Re: cadmouse wireless measure macro

Post by DavidV »

mozralbd wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:16 am I can't seem to get the mouse to allow a macro to use a button to measure in Inventor. Keyboard Pro has a preset button for measure in Inventor which works fine. Programming the same command in the mouse 'back button' does nothing. I've even tried making a custom marco (M) and this does nothing also. Does anyone know of a solution? I exported my settings so I could update to the current software version which was required to use/program the Keyboard Pro but trying to import that either creates a runtime error or crashes the 3dx software, Zero thumbs up. Thanks in advance.
I was able to get it to work on my machine with both the M key and the shortcut the driver provides. its possible the Inventor setting you have for our driver might be corrupt. This would explain why the driver crashes as well.

Lets try deleting the XML sheet and starting fresh.
1. Close Inventor.
2. Go to Start and do a search for “Stop 3DxWare” and stop the driver.
3. Open File Explorer
4. Navigate to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg
5. Delete XML sheet that says Inventor
6. Close File Explorer
7. Go to Start and do a search for “Start 3DxWare” and start the driver.
8. Start Inventor.
9. Test