TDxUnrealEditor Plugin Init Error on Unreal 5.1 Source Build

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

slavensb

TDxUnrealEditor Plugin Init Error on Unreal 5.1 Source Build

Post by slavensb »

I'm getting a strange error from Unreal Engine 5.1 while building from source. I'm using the latest available version of 3DxWare available (3DxWare64_v10-8-11_r3519). I'm on Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.19045 Build 19045)

Here is the message:

Code: Select all

Plugin 'TDxUnrealEditor' failed to load because module 'TDxUnrealEditor' could not be initialized successfully after it was loaded.
I copied the plugin (from the 5.1 folder in the plugin's install directory) like so: Image

I then regenerate visual studio project files for unreal (GenerateProjectFiles.bat in Engine root), open the solution in Visual Studio 2022 Community. The compile (Development Editor, Win64, UE5 is the target) completes successfully, then the Unreal Engine splash screen comes up to load modules, shaders etc. Then the error shown above pops up.

Not much in the Visual Studio debug output log, just an entry that the plugin module was loaded then a line (right after) that the plugin is unloaded.

Call Stack:

Code: Select all

[Inline Frame] UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!FEditorDirectories::SaveLastDirectories::__l2::<lambda_ab2d119eeedddc7814e5c80482528d2a>::operator()() Line 84
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorDirectories.cpp(84)
UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!FEditorDirectories::SaveLastDirectories() Line 84
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\EditorDirectories.cpp(84)
UnrealEditor-UnrealEd.dll!EditorExit() Line 251
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\UnrealEdGlobals.cpp(251)
UnrealEditor.exe!GuardedMain(const wchar_t * CmdLine) Line 213
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Launch.cpp(213)
UnrealEditor.exe!LaunchWindowsStartup(HINSTANCE__ * hInInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, char * __formal, int nCmdShow, const wchar_t * CmdLine) Line 233
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp(233)
UnrealEditor.exe!WinMain(HINSTANCE__ * hInInstance, HINSTANCE__ * hPrevInstance, char * pCmdLine, int nCmdShow) Line 282
	at F:\OMG\Engine-510-dev\Engine\Source\Runtime\Launch\Private\Windows\LaunchWindows.cpp(282)
[External Code]
Since this is a working build of the Engine, and a fresh install of the TDxUnrealEditor plugin, does this mean I cannot use the plugin when building both Engine + Game from source?