Re-installation Issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

mkhartman

Re-installation Issues

Post by mkhartman »

I had one one of my Engineers this morning report issues with his SpaceMouse Pro, which I believed was a driver issue.

Upon uninstalling the driver (10.8.11) and restarting, I downloaded the driver once again and tried to re-install. Mid-way through the installation, it fails and gives me the "A failure has occurred" error and shuts down the install.

I've tried completely removing all 3DConnexion data and folders and even checked my Registry Editor for any unattended or empty keys and I've had the same result.

I have reached out to submit a support request, but this is a critical issue and I have yet to hear back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt Hartman, Engineer Technician II
Strick Trailers, LLC
Matt Hartman
Engineer Technician II
Strick Trailers, LLC
mkhartman

Re: Re-installation Issues

Post by mkhartman »

Highly critical issue and I'm still unable to get this driver installed... Any ideas how I can get this completed?

I've tried some third-party uninstall and registry cleaners in attempt to find any phantom configuration or application files, but they are finding nothing and further attempts continue to fail with the same error message.

Thank you,
Matt Hartman
Engineer Technician II
Strick Trailers, LLC
luping

Re: Re-installation Issues

Post by luping »

Have you solved the issue? The advice is to reinstall the operating system. By the way, why you have to uninstall 3DxWare driver v10.8.11 at first?