Update 10.8.12r3545 causes Sketchup 2023 to hang upon load

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bafreeman

Update 10.8.12r3545 causes Sketchup 2023 to hang upon load

Post by bafreeman »

I updated a couple of days ago (~3/22/23) and ever since Sketchup 2023 was very slow to load or would simply hang. I could occasionally open a work file by first starting a new document then doing a File->Open from within Sketchup but even that didn't work all the time. Initially I thought it was an updated Sketchup plugin responsible, but after removing that possibility finally traced it to the new 3dconnexion driver.

I uninstalled and replace it with 10.7.4, which worked fine, but then couldn't load all my settings for my Spacemouse Enterprise and 3dMouse without 'changing them', rendering all my settings essentially useless, but at least I could get Sketchup to open and run normally.

When I tried to reinstall 10.8.12r3545, once again, hoping to get all my button settings back, the Sketchup problem appeared again, so I'm confident it is the driver.
luping

Re: Update 10.8.12r3545 causes Sketchup 2023 to hang upon load

Post by luping »

When you configure the 3Dconnexion settings for SketchUp on a specific 3DxWare driver, be sure to export the settings as a backup file for that version. So when you regret the driver update and go back to a previous version , you can roll back by importing the backup file for that specific version.

Backup any settings before you update the driver, keep a backup copy for every version.
sincevideo

Post by sincevideo »

luping wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:54 pm When you configure the 3Dconnexion settings for SketchUp on a specific 3DxWare driver, be sure to export the settings as a backup file for that version. So when you regret the driver update and go back to a previous version , you can roll back by importing the backup file for that specific version.

Backup any settings before you update the driver, keep a backup copy for every version.
Could updating the driver fix that problem? Has anyone tried doing that and succeeded?
luping

Post by luping »

sincevideo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:34 am
luping wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:54 pm When you configure the 3Dconnexion settings for SketchUp on a specific 3DxWare driver, be sure to export the settings as a backup file for that version. So when you regret the driver update and go back to a previous version , you can roll back by importing the backup file for that specific version.

Could updating the driver fix that problem? Has anyone tried doing that and succeeded?
Give it a try, the latest version is v10.8.17.