Latest Win Driver Nearly Wrecked PC

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Divios

Latest Win Driver Nearly Wrecked PC

Post by Divios »

I have a 3D Spacemouse Wireless and recently installed the latest drivers on a new windows machine. Everything seemed to be working correctly, the device was working in the app I was using. I put my headphones on and noticed a windows USB connection chime every second. I wasn't sure what was causing it. I disconnected the spacemouse and every other USB device connected to the PC trying to eliminate the cause, but the chime was still happening. While trying to diagnose my PC blue screened with a DPC_Watchdog_Error, which usually happens when windows gets slammed with unresponsive programs. It took FOUR attempts to get windows to load again, having to go through auto-repairs and rebooting several times. The second windows came up, I ended task on ALL 5 tasks related to the 3D mouse software and immediately uninstalled the software....

Problem solved.

So my question is, WTF??? and what exactly am I supposed to do with this $130 paperweight now?
luping

Re: Latest Win Driver Nearly Wrecked PC

Post by luping »

Paste the faulty Application log or System log by going to your Windows PC's Event Viewer to trouble-shooting the issue.
event_viewer.png
event_viewer.png (44.32 KiB) Viewed 754 times