Stuck - space explorer joystick not working in solid edge

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

chris conway

Stuck - space explorer joystick not working in solid edge

Post by chris conway »

Buttons are working but joystick does not. updated via wizard but still same behaviour. unable to uninstall.

in the control panel everything works in the puzzle test.

seems like a plug in issue with solid works

thoughts ?
luping

Re: Stuck - space explorer joystick not working in solid edge

Post by luping »

Which CAD system, Solid Edge or SOLIDWORKS? What's the version of the CAD system?
Have you ever considered upgrading the hardware from Space Explorer to the latest SpaceMouse series?
epcd

Post by epcd »

Have you ever considered upgrading the hardware from Space Explorer to the latest SpaceMouse series?

here comes the business, no new drivers, so you must buy a new one!!!!
luping

Post by luping »

epcd wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:27 pm Have you ever considered upgrading the hardware from Space Explorer to the latest SpaceMouse series?

here comes the business, no new drivers, so you must buy a new one!!!!
A new driver supporting new versions of design and engineering software doesn't fall from sky with no cost, it needs human labour hours of software programming and computer compiling resources & time, let along liaison with many third-party software vendors to trouble-shoot compatibility issues.
epcd

Post by epcd »

so make me pay just for drivers update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

In solidworks you can turn off the 3D connections add on. Could it be something like that?
luping

Post by luping »

epcd wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:59 am so make me pay just for drivers update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would mean a major business model change for 3Dconnexion. I don't know if there's a planned obsolescence scheme in the making...
epcd

Post by epcd »

luping wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:03 pm
epcd wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:59 am so make me pay just for drivers update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This would mean a major business model change for 3Dconnexion. I don't know if there's a planned obsolescence scheme in the making...
of course it is!
how would you explain that one device is stop working with the new version of Cinema4D and still works with the previous one!

If you are happy to pay it's ok, but I will'never buy a 3dconnexion device any more.

Buying drivers means less "electronics garbage" for the enviroment and they will be paid insted!
luping

Post by luping »

epcd wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:30 pm
luping wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:03 pm
of course it is!
how would you explain that one device is stop working with the new version of Cinema4D and still works with the previous one!

If you are happy to pay it's ok, but I will'never buy a 3dconnexion device any more.

Buying drivers means less "electronics garbage" for the enviroment and they will be paid insted!
It's much harder for third-party to duplicate the hardware than the software, where in this case you can make an immediate copy of the 3DxWare driver on your computer within seconds.
epcd

Post by epcd »

can you make an immediate "working" copy of Cinema4D? or SolidEdge? or Windows 11?

there is plenty of solutions, seems to me that you're trying to not see what is obvious.
luping

Post by luping »

epcd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:38 am can you make an immediate "working" copy of Cinema4D? or SolidEdge? or Windows 11?

there is plenty of solutions, seems to me that you're trying to not see what is obvious.
You have no business experience.
epcd

Post by epcd »

luping wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:09 pm
epcd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:38 am can you make an immediate "working" copy of Cinema4D? or SolidEdge? or Windows 11?

You have no business experience.
of coure! you know me!