Adobe Acrobat will not zoom in and out

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ChuckB

Adobe Acrobat will not zoom in and out

Post by ChuckB »

for the last 10 or more years I've been using my SpaceNavigator to zoom in and out of Adobe Acrobat pdf's. That stopped working so I downloaded the latest drivers. Still no luck. I see that the SpaceNavigator is no longer supported so I purchased a SpaceMouse Wireless. That gave me the same results. What's happening? What changed? It's frustrating to say the least.

Here is a screenshot showing the only configuration that I have found. It only works on a multi sheet .pdf to navigate through the sheets.
acrobat spacemouse.jpg
acrobat spacemouse.jpg (42.01 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
luping

Re: Adobe Acrobat will not zoom in and out

Post by luping »

How about ticking the "Pan/Zoom"?
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

Are you using Windows 11?
I'm sure it was working a couple of days ago at work, Windows 10, but I have just tried it at home, Windows 11, and I can't zoom in or out or scroll left and right. It only scrolls the page up and down. I don't remember if the previous drivers worked with Windows 11.

I tried importing my 3D connections settings from my work PC, saved about 10 days ago, and that stopped any movement in AA. Restoring the default settings takes it back to scrolling up and down only.

I was going to post my settings but they are now the same as yours!

I'll look again at work next week to check it is still working but I don't think there have been any updates in the last couple of days.

Clicking pan/zoom doesn't help
jalcad

Post by jalcad »

I had to redo a computer due to ransomware and after reinstalling Adobe Acrobat XI Pro & 3DxWare 10.8.17 I no longer am able to use the Spacemouse enterprise in acrobat to do any zooms, pans or even change pages. I was able to do all of that before the wipe out. This was on both Windows 10 & then an update to Windows 11 on the same computer before the ransomware. I reinstalled Windows 10 after wiping out the hard drive and starting with a bare system. Really a pain that it doesn't work now. Hopefully there is a solution. Would perhaps an older driver work since the version of Acrobat I have is at end of life as far as updates go.
jalcad

Post by jalcad »

I did get this to work. I had to roll back to the 3DxWare64_v10-4-3_r2328 driver and start from there. I am now able to zoom and pan using v10-8-17 now. Why we had to go back to an old driver to get this to work with Acrobat not sure but betting it's because of the older version of Acrobat we are using.
andrewl313

Post by andrewl313 »

this is the only way to get full functionality in acrobat, uncheck this box in settings and restart acrobat
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (140.13 KiB) Viewed 668 times