SpaceNavigator not working in Cinema 4D

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

colinl

SpaceNavigator not working in Cinema 4D

Post by colinl »

I got it working last night, but for some reason now its not loading. 3D MouseHome updated, and it works in the example viewer... But when i go int C4D, nothin'. Tools>3Dconnexion does nothing for me when i toggle on/off or switch modes. Ive tried all USB ports, too, still nothin'.

Windows 7 64Bit
Cinema 4D Studio R13.061
Release Ver.: 3.16.2
Driver Ver.: 6.16.1
Firmare Ver.: 4.31

Any help? Any other info needed?
Fred

Re: SpaceNavigator not working in Cinema 4D

Post by Fred »

Applications such as Cinema4D provide internal support for 3D devices so do not require a 3Dconnexion add-on or plug-in. 3D devices are enabled in Cinema4D through a menu option.

In Cinema 4D Release 14 the controls are under Tools > 3Dconnexion > 3D Mouse Dialog.

In Cinema 4D Release 13 the controls are under Tools > 3Dconnexion > 3D Mouse Dialog.

In Cinema 4D Release 12 the controls are under Window > 3Dconnexion > 3D Mouse Dialog.

In Cinema 4D Release 8- 11 leaving the '3D Mouse Dialog' window open enables the 3D device.
[Cinema4DR12|Window|3Dconnexion|3D Mouse Dialog|Cinema 4D Help]

http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id ... red=faq/50
Cinema4D has a pop-up menu that looks very similar to our SketchUp pop-up but it is a part of Maxon software - not 3Dconnexion]
Palex

Post by Palex »

The menu is there, but the mouse (SpaceMouse Pro) doesn't work. Also, when the mouse is plugged, my computer won't finish booting. It hangs until I unplug the mouse.

I used to have a Mac and I was trying to get the thing working with Blender without success. The refund department provided no satisfaction, so I kept the damned thing, hoping I could one day use it for something.

Hands down, the worst product experience I ever had. I spent more time troubleshooting it than actually using it.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Palex,
The menu is there, but the mouse (SpaceMouse Pro) doesn't work. Also, when the mouse is plugged, my computer won't finish booting. It hangs until I unplug the mouse.
I think our tech support team can help you that. If you can, start your computer without the 3D mouse connected. Then plug it in and start the driver (Start menu > All Programs > 3Dconnexion > Driver > Start Driver). You will notice a system tray icon with the 3Dconnexion. Double-click to open the "3Dconnexion Properties" panel and go to the About box in the "Help" menu. Let us know what "firmware version" is reported there.
Hands down, the worst product experience I ever had. I spent more time troubleshooting it than actually using it.
We're very sorry to have disappointed you with our product. I hope we can make up for some of that bad experience going forward.