It works, It doesn't work, It works.........

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

D.Taylor

Post by D.Taylor »

Hi agoencz1,
It's been working consistently for a week. OK this morning. Now I boot up and nothing.
P/N 3DX-600027
PID: N3107031940

Thanks
D.Taylor
D.Taylor

Post by D.Taylor »

Hello again,
In checking my desktop shortcut I notice that it has been changed (not by me) I did point this out before and I don't know if it is significant.
In the link properties under target is this string:
C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion3DxSoftware\3DxWare\3dxsrv.exe"

whilst in the same link in the 'Start in' box the string is:
"C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3Dconnexion 3DxWare\"

This path does not exist as there is no folder called \3Dconnexion 3DxWare\

I have changed this before but it has reverted somehow.

regards,

D.Taylor
MaccaAko

Post by MaccaAko »

sorin wrote:i have the same problem for about 3-4 days. " UdCtl: Unable to open Any Device (-1) on USB". yesterday it worked. two days ago it didn't.

the first time it failed to be recognized i've tested on a second pc and it worked there. today it isn't working on both of them. do you have any suggestions? the device is almost new.

i have a asus a8n nforce4, amd x2 3800+, 2gb ram, ati x1950pro, 2 WD hdd and a usb adsl modem (alcatel). the other pc is a amd 2ghz duron, abit nf7s, 1gb ram, ati 9600pro, 2 WD hdd and an epson usb printer.
My Space Navigator worked for a week, then it went dead. I got it to work after a reboot, when I plugged in the device into another USB port (Windows started to install the device and it worked again for a week). But now I am without luck, I can't get the thing to work... Windows doesn't find the USB device (if I plug a USB flash drive, Mouse or printer windows finds the device directly).

Does anybody know how I can "unistall" the device from a USB port? So that Windows will find it again and reinstall it? Don't know if that is even possible...

Best Regards,
Macca
sorin

Post by sorin »

i have no idea what happened. the next day after i made that post it started working and it works since then.

anyway you can find all previously installed devices in device manager select view->show hidden devices.
MaccaAko

Post by MaccaAko »

sorin wrote:i have no idea what happened. the next day after i made that post it started working and it works since then.

anyway you can find all previously installed devices in device manager select view->show hidden devices.

Can you tell me which is the Space Navigator device? I tried going through the list but I couldn't find anything that I could relate to the Space Navigator...

/Macca
sorin

Post by sorin »

at human interface section, hid-compliant device and usb hid
MaccaAko

Post by MaccaAko »

Strangely the device seemed to work fine yesterday without me doing anything.

So, is it so that Sunday is the day for resting, probobly this is built into the device :)

/Macca
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

I have exaclty the same problem here.

The device is about 5 months old. It's been working fine most of the time, sometimes not. It just stays dead.
Today is one of those days. Deadline for a project tomorrow, so it's really not convenient.

After 4 reboots of my PC, the thing finally came alive again. I hope it stays alive...

The model I am using is a Spacepilot, serial number is *D12U31CX06492565*.

Please keep me informed if a solution is found to this problem.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Bruno,
The device is about 5 months old. It's been working fine most of the time, sometimes not. It just stays dead.
This needs to be looked at.
Next time your 3D Mouse "dies" (or stays "dead" after a reboot); unplug it from the machine, plug it again and restart the driver. Let us know if that makes a difference and we will take from there.
Nuno Gomes
D.Taylor

Post by D.Taylor »

Dear Moderators,
This thread seems to run and run with more and more users reporting exactly the same problem. Can I suggest that you all consider the whole thread and the information that has been brought to your attention by myself and others and come up with a strategy. I have tried unplugging and replugging and it didn't produce an instant result.
Looking forward to your response.
Thanks
D.Taylor
agoenczi
User
User

SpaceNavigator

Post by agoenczi »

Hi D.Taylor

I will send you a PM: so your problem will be trated separately...
agoenczi
MaccaAko

Post by MaccaAko »

I searched the net and found many with the same problem (using tablets or other Human Interface Devices).

The suggestion on the problem was:

Check that c:\windows\system32 contains the following files:

hidclass.sys
hidparse.sys
hidserv.dll
mouclass.sys
mouhid.sys

If the files are missing you can search the c:\windows folder for them, probobly they are situated below some servive pack installation or equal (or other backup folder).

Also check that Human Interface Device Access (services) is running and put it on automatic start!

Don't know if this helps or is even related to the problems many users facing, but it seems to work for me now (difficult to say if this is the problem solution or if my device will stop working in some days). Try it!

Best Regards,
Macca
supersaloon

Post by supersaloon »

Hello,

same problem here too... It won't start at all any more. It is about one month old device. This promblem did occur once before but I got it somehow working by re-/un-installing drivers few times but now nothing seems to help.

I'm using XP Pro SP2 and SpacePilot *D12U31CX07065249* with driver from the box (3DxWare for Windows version 5.7.2). With this driver I get at least a warning and with driver (3DxSoftware_v3-3-6.exe) downloaded from your website, nothing happens.

I also tried Macca's hint copying those files but there was no hidserv.dll-file in the hard disk to copy.

BR,
Arto
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

Is the SpaceNavigator listed on the "Device Manager" panel? If not, please contact our Customer Service hotline since it may be a hardware problem.
Contact information can be found here.
Nuno Gomes
Sailinshuz

Re: It works, It doesn't work, It works.........

Post by Sailinshuz »

David,

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have the same issue. If you did resolve it, please let me know what the secret is: david.cox@shawinc.com.

It "appears" 3DConnexion has not solved the problem, since I just bought my Navigator, and I am running the latest driver. I have tried every solution recommended to no avail.

It appears that the Driver will just not run. I bet Mike Hudspeth at Cadalyst Magazine does not know about this problem. This device got sparkling recommendations from Cadalyst. Review said to "Run, don't walk" out to get one.

So far, it has been a waste of my time and money, and has killed my productivity trying to make it work. :evil:

Thanks,

Dave
D.Taylor wrote:Installed my Navigator for the first time on Saturday. All well.

Spent Sunday morning trying to revive a dead navigator. Reinstalling, changing USB ports, reading other mails about the phenomenon until final success when I allowed 3DxSrv.exe to run as a server in my firewall settings.
Monday worked fine.
Tuesday dead again. Firewall solution doesn't work today.
Connection panel will not open.
Any suggestions?
Thanks