Driver acts as a phantom joystick/gamepad

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Phil999

Re: Driver acts as a phantom joystick/gamepad

Post by Phil999 »

deinstalling and reinstalling was also my method.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise
terranaut

Post by terranaut »

Is there yet a solution for this issue which has existed for an unnvervingly long time now?
I never want my 3dx devices to act as KMJ emulators, and I feel at least offer people the option upon installing the driver, not just dump it on them when they may never use it, and for those who use joystick devices or other kmj devices its causing issues in programs, not just games.
another option is a option somewhere in the main 3dx driver to enable/disable the kmj emulator driver.

it's taken lost time when i have multiple 3dx units, and with every new driver update, i have to manually go in and delete the kmj emulator files and clean the registry of their references.
luke.johnson

Post by luke.johnson »

I'm having this same problem with latest 3dxWare drivers, Windows 10, SpacePilot Pro, and Revizto.

The KMJ emulator shows up as a game controller in Windows, and I believe this confuses Revizto so that I can't use the gamepad. So we really need a way to disable or uninstall the KMJ emulator, it is a real pain at the moment.
luke.johnson

Post by luke.johnson »

I found the solution in another forum thread and I have posted the steps with screenshots at http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2 ... lator.html
Anctus

Post by Anctus »

luke.johnson wrote:I found the solution in another forum thread and I have posted the steps with screenshots at http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2 ... lator.html
I have been trying to figure this out for half an eternity, thank you!
Pepetrucci

Post by Pepetrucci »

luke.johnson wrote:I found the solution in another forum thread and I have posted the steps with screenshots at http://whatrevitwants.blogspot.com.au/2 ... lator.html
Thank you so much! this problem was driving me crazy, i registered only to say thank you and to express how happy i feel right now XDDDD

Aside from this solution i think this is an issue that should no longer be ignored like this by 3dconnexion, an easier way to turn off emulator is more than needed!
Magnvs

Post by Magnvs »

Updates on this?
The linked blog has been deleted, but I assume what OP did was disable the "Game Pad" from device manager.
I just figured out how to do it yesterday, I don't use any game pad at at all, but certain Unity based games would ignore every other input because of this, so it's probably a default behaviour in the engine. I don't know if disabling this portion will have any impact on the performance of my Enterprise controller, but if it has none, the component ought to be removed.

I will register a bug report, this has been driving me up the wall for the past year.
Eewec

Post by Eewec »

Just in case anyone else is having this issue, I finally worked out how to fix it myself as the blog as gone AWOL and everyone else is vague in how to actually fix it.

1) Go to Device Manager
2) Along the top select 'View' -> 'Devices by connection'
3) near the top of the newly organised list should be '3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator'.
Expand that by clicking the '>' arrow to the left
4) select 'HID-compliant game controller'
5) right click that entry and select 'Disable device'
6) Enjoy no longer having the SpaceMouse Enterprise getting in the way of other things.... like gaming in Steam for example.
Cless_Aurion

Post by Cless_Aurion »

Thanks for that last fix Eewec, the issue has been making me crazy for a couple months now.

It is quite a big issue for us gamedevelopers though, since It will also break Unity controllers which gamedevs NEED to work after all. So now that the 3DConnexion is also focusing on gaming industry software, it would be great for the developers to fix this issue.

Also, as a side note... does disabling that "joystick" mess up any functionality from the Spacemouse enterprise?
PhantomKeyboard

Post by PhantomKeyboard »

Eewec wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:00 pm Just in case anyone else is having this issue, I finally worked out how to fix it myself as the blog as gone AWOL and everyone else is vague in how to actually fix it.

1) Go to Device Manager
2) Along the top select 'View' -> 'Devices by connection'
3) near the top of the newly organised list should be '3Dconnexion KMJ Emulator'.
Expand that by clicking the '>' arrow to the left
4) select 'HID-compliant game controller'
5) right click that entry and select 'Disable device'
6) Enjoy no longer having the SpaceMouse Enterprise getting in the way of other things.... like gaming in Steam for example.
Thank you Eewec! This is STILL a problem in 2023 ...wth 3Dconnexion :roll:

This was driving me insane trying to figure out why Unity was saying my keyboard was pressing up and left ... and I finally narrowed it down to this SpaceMouse. I only use the SpaceMouse with Blender and it wasn't even on so I tried it last and finally found this forum, thanks again!

Now it works perfectly in Blender and in Unity I can stay sane :D