Strange backwards rotation on spaceexplore

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sgb27

Strange backwards rotation on spaceexplore

Post by sgb27 »

I've got a SpaceExplorer USB and all was working fine for two years until I got a recently got a new PC and had to download and install the latest drivers for it. Now it has this really strange and annoying behaviour in Creo where if I rotate very slightly in one direction the model on the screen rotates in the *opposite* direction - if you rotate a bit harder then it snaps back to the correct direction. It does this only on the RY axis, and it does it in both directions (clockwise gives anti-clockwise rotation for a bit, then goes back to clockwise, anticlockwise does the opposite). I've tried calibration numerous times, even while holding it slightly to one side but it always does this.

Funnily enough it works fine in all the test apps that come with the drivers, so it leads me to believe the error is happening somewhere in the way the rotations are being sent to Creo. I tried to download some older drivers, but I get an error when I try and uninstall the latest drivers "There was a problem starting C:\Program The specified module could not be found." So I can't install the older drivers I was using before :(

Any ideas how to figure out this one?

Thanks.
Scott
pball

Re: Strange backwards rotation on spaceexplore

Post by pball »

That sounds like the issue discussed in this thread, which is supposed to be fixed in an unreleased update.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8545
afarkas

Post by afarkas »

I have the same issue with my SpaceMouse Pro using Inventor (Windows 7, 64 bit). Only the zoom (push/pull) and the rotation are affected. It drives me nuts when I need critical movements. The previous post mentioned an unreleased fix back in August. Has it been released yet?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

we are tracking this issue under the bug number #6737. The fix for this is expected for the next release of 3DxWare 10.1. I can't make any statement about the release date.
J-Bowers

Post by J-Bowers »

UtaSH wrote:Hi all,

we are tracking this issue under the bug number #6737. The fix for this is expected for the next release of 3DxWare 10.1. I can't make any statement about the release date.
The issue is not fixed with today's update.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (23.43 KiB) Viewed 6384 times
I've been checking the drivers page every day for over a month now. The issue has been present for more than 3+ months. I was so excited when I saw the update....but VERY disappointed to see the issue is STILL not fixed.

The latest update also creates an all new error. Whenever I try to launch the properties menu I get the following error:

---------------------------
3DxSmartUI
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
OK

The new update breaks the properties menu. DO NOT UPDATE!