Zoom in autocad 2007

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

lj

Zoom in autocad 2007

Post by lj »

HI,

When i use my spacepilot with autocad 2007, and is zooming out. The reach some kind of limit. If i try to zoom further out, i return to the "limit" as soon as i stop zooming. Can someone help me getting rid of this problem?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi lj,
What version of 3DxSoftware you have installed? You can get the latest version from the software download page.
Nuno Gomes
lj

Post by lj »

I run 3DXware 3.2.2 i have just downloaded the latest version, bat the problem is still there
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Could you give me a quick scenario to reproduce this.
Which workspace do you start AutoCAD in?
What sort of dwg are you looking at and in which environment?

Markus
lj

Post by lj »

I have the problem with all types of dwg drawings, also drawings based on the standard template.

I work in the Autocad mechanical default workspace in 2d model environment.

Hope this were the answers you were looking for.

/Lars
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

Thank you for the feedback. There is one more piece of information I would require:

I have noticed in AutoCAD that starting in the 'AutoCAD classic' workspace results in a slightly different behavior to starting in the 3D Modeling workspace and then switching to AutoCAD classic. Which do you start in?

In the mean time I will try and reproduce the issue.

Markus
lj

Post by lj »

The workspace i start in is called : Autocad mechanical default workspace , it's a 2d workspace
dquirk

Same problem

Post by dquirk »

I have the same problem. I had update the driver to 3.3.2,went back to 3.2.2 which I thought had worked before but not now. I use AutoCAD 2007. I work in the "classic" mode 2D. the problem for me is only in Model space, Paper space works normally.

Dan Quirk
dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

I haven't researched this much myself, but I have the same issue in AutoCAD Mechanical 2008.
JdO

Post by JdO »

I seem to have a similar problem with my Space Navigator PE and AutoCAD 2008, only with mine it is when zooming in. When I try to zoom in, everything goes well until past a certain zoom level. When I release the Space Navigator the zoom level is reset to that limit. Zooming out doesn't seem to have this glitch.
I have tried to reverse the axis, but that didn't do any good. Still zooming in had the problem, not vice versa that time. I also updated my drivers to 3.3.2. and nothing changed either.
I normally work in Classic mode, but it also occurs in 2D Drafting & Annotation and 3D Modeling, but only in Model space. In Paper space it does work normally, like dquirk already mentioned.
dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

After doing some more experimenting, I'm experiencing the EXACT same issue as Jd0 above. I've reversed the axis and it still kicks me back out to some imaginary zoom limit, so I don't believe it's a hardware issue. It works fine in paper space, model space is where I have the trouble. It seems to happen in most of the drawings that I work on, and I can't see any discernible difference between those and the ones that I don't have the problem with.

It is a very annoying issue, and I would really love any help you could provide because it's not only keeping me from fully utilizing the device, but from ordering 9 more for the rest of the engineers in the department.

Cheers,
- Dustin
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

An updated on this issue. The "snap back when zooming in 2D model space" is internally tracked as issue #4487.

From what we have been able to gather, it seems that a regen is required before switching back to a 2D model view.

We have a fix for this problem already committed to the main source tree. It will be tested and should be included in the next release (v. 3.4).
dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

Thank you very much for the update, I look forward to the next version.

Is there currently an ETA for a release?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

dkosburn wrote:Is there currently an ETA for a release?
There is. We do not have the liberty to say exactly when (since it depends on the results of Testing) but 3.4 should be out in 6 to 8 weeks.
HoffY

Post by HoffY »

Glad this one has been found. This has been something i've noticed in AutoCAD 2008 when i tried my SN out and was really peaved it was rendered useless. Wish the fix was coming quicker though. :)

Thank guys keep up the good work though :)