quicktime component not working

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

marcore

Post by marcore »

hi All,

Im running on Win XP SP2 and after updating the latest space navigator
(first deleting the old ones) drivers and restarting, the quicktime component doesn't work. The SN nor quicktime player does detect each other, i've copied the '3DxQuick.dll' manually to C:\Program Files\QuickTime, i've tryied different sub folders, -QT components, -plugins, but it does not work.

Any solutions:idea:?
Quicktime version 7.1.6

regards Marcore
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi marcore

Please remember that the quicktime component only works as a plug-in in Internet Explorer. There is a known issue related: if you open a photo you can navigate in it. Opening the second one it doens't work any more. You have to close Internet Explorer and restart it again. For now you can select another picture... This issue was already recorded and it will be fixed in a future release.
agoenczi
marcore

Very dissapointing

Post by marcore »

I didn't know it only supports InternetExplorer, it's a pity it doesn't support the quicktime standalone player. I mean common, IE is one of the worse internet browsers around...

In no time the new .FBX plugin for quicktime is gonna be released from Alias and it would be awesome to navigate the 3d content+animation with the SN and the QT player, but NOT in IE :? i'm shoked..>:shock: