3DSMAX2015 object,camera, target camera all fail

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

3djulianfletcher

3DSMAX2015 object,camera, target camera all fail

Post by 3djulianfletcher »

doesn't matter what ode i put the space pilot pro in everytime i select an object the device manipulates the object rather than the camera......

back in the box it goes

fuck this piece of shit
UtaSH

Re: 3DSMAX2015 object,camera, target camera all fail

Post by UtaSH »

Hi 3djulianfletcher,

you can determine if you want to navigate in object mode or in camera mode in the "Advanced Settings" in the 3Dconnexion properties.

Next to "Navigation Modes" in the "Advanced Settings" there is another tab called "Other Options" where you can select if you want to move the whole scene or just the selected object. Tick or untick the box for "Move Objects".

Please see as well our help file where you can find more information about the settings in the driver with 3ds max.
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

Why I do not have menus Navigation Modes and Other Options in 3Ds Max? Just Speed.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello vinigor -

With the current 3DxWare driver you will have the tabs for Navigation and Other Options in Advanced Settings as shown here.

If you are using an older driver you will need to uninstall it and install the 3DxWare driver from the downloads page.
-----------
Barbara
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

I use the latest 3DxWare version, but I do not have menus
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello vinigor -

The screens look as they do when the 3DsMax add-in is not installed. The add-in is part of the 3DxWare installation package but it may not have been able to install if some component of 3DsMax were active.

To correct this you will need to run the 3DxWare installer again with 3DsMax closed.

3DxWare and 3DsMax need the same permissions level in order to communicate. As long as 3DsMax is run with user level permissions [recommended] then running the 3DxWare installer with 3DsMax closed is all that is needed. If for some reason you use elevated permissions for the application then the 3DxWare installation would require the same permissions.
------------
Barbara
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

Hello
I removed the previous installation, rebooted and re-installed 3DxWare as an administrator. But it did not help.
In 3DsMax plug-in manager there was no 3DXSTD.DLU, so I copied it from \Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxStudio64\Contents\win64\ to \Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\plugins
At the start 3DsMax said that 3DXSTD.DLU allready loader from \programdata\.... folder but at this time 3DXSTD.DLU appeared in 3DsMax plug-in manager. But menu still doesn't work correctly.
And in other apps too
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello vinigor -

If there was a previous driver installed there may be some component left over that is interfering. The steps show how to remove any older driver components for a clean install .
--------------
Barbara
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

There was no old driver versions on system, but I tried what you suggested and it did not help.
I also found an error in the Event Viewer
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello vinigor,

make sure you start the application (3dsmax) with the same rights as the driver is started. Usually the driver and the application have to be running at the same level. Normally a regular user. If one is elevated, windows security will prevent the lower level one from talking to the higher level one.
mbonk

Post by mbonk »

vinigor wrote: In 3DsMax plug-in manager there was no 3DXSTD.DLU, so I copied it from \Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxStudio64\Contents\win64\ to \Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\plugins
At the start 3DsMax said that 3DXSTD.DLU allready loader from \programdata\.... folder but at this time 3DXSTD.DLU appeared in 3DsMax plug-in manager. But menu still doesn't work correctly.
And in other apps too
The more recent versions of 3ds max do not load the plug-in from the installation directory of 3ds max. To check if the plug-in is loaded please use Max(large icon in the top left hand corner)->Properties->Summary Info->Plug-in Info... Note: The plug-in is not listed in 'Customize->Plug-in Manager...'
plug-in info.png
plug-in info.png (43.43 KiB) Viewed 12021 times
There should not be any copies of 3dxstd.dlu in the 3ds max installation directory, please remove it again as this will only cause issues when upgrading etc.

If the plug-in is loaded you should be able to navigate in 3D using the 3D mouse - if not, or something less is not working, then you can only zoom in the perspective view similarly to using the mouse wheel.
To 3ds Max: which service packs have been installed are there any additional extensions / plug-ins installed? Which OS are you running on? Is both the driver and 3ds max running as the same user?

What do you mean by "And in other apps too"? Does the 3D mouse work at all i.e. does the Viewer in the 3d Mouse Home panel work as expected?

If navigation is possible would you please enable logging in 3dxware and send us the contents of %localappdata%\3dconnexion\3dxware and the subfolders when 3ds max is running

Markus
vinigor

Post by vinigor »

mbonk wrote:
The reason was actually in Cyrillic characters in the user name.

Thanks for the support.

Navigation in
3ds max - working fine but there are no tabs for Navigation and Other Options in Advanced Settings anywhere
Cinema 4d - almost fine but with reverse and strange movement
3D coat - very fast even with low speed setting in navigator and program properties, also, point of interest located somewhere far behind model
Photoshop - not working
ArchiCad - as in cinema
Different user level permissions and user names without special characters with clear driver installation will not help. I install Windows on VirtualMachine and all works fine.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi vinigor,

we are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #7268. The issue is expected to be fixed in the next public release. Thank you for your patience.