SpacePilot Pro diagram

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chicodog

SpacePilot Pro diagram

Post by chicodog »

Hello,

Maybe you have this somewhere but I haven't been able to find it... Do you have a 'top view' diagram of the SpacePilot Pro? If not, a picture square on from above the mouse?

I have trouble remembering all the different functions on the keys and would like to create a drawing where I can put my own functions mapped to the key layout. That way I could print the 'map' and keep it close by without having to constantly look down at the SpacePilot Pro. I like working in a fairly dark environment and reading the keys on the actual mouse is difficult without having to turn on a light.

Thanks!
Tehrasha

Re: SpacePilot Pro diagram

Post by Tehrasha »

Here is a very hi-res top down pic... http://www.fcsuper.com/swblog/wp-conten ... ot_PRO.jpg
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
chicodog

Post by chicodog »

Perfect! Just what I was looking for... thanks!
chicodog

Post by chicodog »

Is there a way to print out the SpacePilot Pro key mapping for a particular program? I'm working on the diagram I mentioned on the original posting and it would be helpful to see the properties of the mouse for the program I'm using (Sketchup). I thought I'd be able to grab an image of the properties but when I go to my screen grab program (Windows Snipping Tool) the properties switch to show the properties with the Snipping Tool. So at this point the only way I can see to keep up with the key assignments is to hand write them down.

As a suggestion, the properties program would be far more helpful if instead of merely printing out the properties in text form you could show them in graphical format... in other words, create a key layout diagram that shows the then-current key assignments graphically (or maybe both textually and graphically for those that prefer the current method).

Thanks.
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Any reason you are using a special screen-grab program instead of pressing ALT-PrintScreen and then pasting the image into your image editor?
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
chicodog

Post by chicodog »

The only reason I can give for not pressing ALT-PrintScreen is that I had forgotten about that command. That's why you are the expert and I am the dunce! I'll put my dunce-cap on and sit in the corner awhile.

I tried your suggestion and it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for helping this old-timer figure things out!