Toggle Part Movement on Selection

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

UtaSH

Re: Toggle Part Movement on Selection

Post by UtaSH »

We found out that the option "Move Selected Objects" has to be DEACTIVATED. Otherwise the toggle wit the button won't work. :roll:
wrighttrack

Post by wrighttrack »

Thormach -

I had the same problem and it was solved by checking a click-box mentioned in an eariler post.

Note: I'm using a SpaceExplorer with 3DxWare64_v10-4-3_r2328, Windows 7 64-bit, Solidworks 2015 SP05. There is no toolbar anymore, which I liked, too, but programming "Toggle Sub-Part Movement" to the ESC key on my SpaceExplorer works just fine. However, something happened during an upgrade and I couldn't get it to turn off, which was completely irritating. The solution for me was:

Make sure you highlight your Solidworks window to make it the active program/application. Click the "Panel" button on your SpaceMouse, Explorer, whatever to 0pen the 3DConnexion panel. Click "Advanced Settings" the click the (possibly grayed) "Other Options" and uncheck "Move Selected Objects".

That selection checked is what was keeping my "Toggle Sub-Part Movement" perpetually 'on', rather than allowing me to hit ESC and toggle it on and off as appropriate.

I hope that helps.

thormach wrote:I know this is an old thread. The one button I used in the old toolbar was to toggle sub part movement in my assemblies, and I used it a lot. I've programmed a key in the button mapping panel. No matter what I do, it won't turn off the sub part movement. The only way it works is to turn it off in the SpacePilot options which of course is a hassle. Now I just leave it on because I really like to have control of individual components in an assembly, but when I use the measure tool or create mates without the use of the dialog box, I have to use the mouse to rotate the assembly. I'm just wondering if this problem is still being investigated.
Always interested in the latest, greatest technology and tools to make my job easier, better, faster, etc.
wrighttrack

Post by wrighttrack »

Back to this very old thread.

I'm now using Solidworks 2020 sp5, and currently on a Window 7 pro machine. And I'm still using my trusty USB SpaceExplorer, which I feel is still the best iteration of the Spaceball/Spacemouse family from my first serial port version. 3DConnexion driver version 10.4.1, but have also been using 10.4.3 with the same (poor) results.

We all know the 3DConnexion toolbar vanished, but now the "Toggle Subpart Movement" command has completed vanished from the options available. Sadly, it's accompanied by literally dozens of Solidworks commands that were once available to select when customizing buttons.

Why would 3DConnexion remove so many valuable, time-saving options?

Or is my setup just completely missing something? Like most of the complaints - they were here one day, then gone the next. I've had no luck in reverting to a few older versions of the driver.

PLEASE GIVE BACK 'TOGGLE SUB-PART MOVEMENT' AND ALL THOSE SOLIDWORKS COMMANDS!
Always interested in the latest, greatest technology and tools to make my job easier, better, faster, etc.