OS X: SpaceNavigator support for Pixels:3D and MIDI

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

stew

OS X: SpaceNavigator support for Pixels:3D and MIDI

Post by stew »

Hi everyone,

I jgot myself a SpaceNavigator a few days ago and wrote a few small drivers for it, both of them for Mac OS X (no SDK used, just plain USB HID):

Driver for Pixels:3D
MIDI driver, for use with music applicaitons like Ableton Live

Both of them are in an early stage and still works in progress, but if one or the other here is interested in playing with them, feel free to do so.
ruigato

Post by ruigato »

stew,

you have made my day!

i'm waiting for a space navigator, and i'm a mac user (intel and powerpc).. i want to use it with 3D apps, but because i'm a musician, the possibility to use it as a MIDI controller is fantastic!

how fast is the response? will you implement sensivity options?

thank you very much,
rui gato
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

Amazing mate!

I don't know how much time we will be waiting for a mac os x driver for GE and sketchup or generic apps but at least i know it can be done!!

Thank you
SpaceNaut

Just interested to know ...

Post by SpaceNaut »

... Stew, how much effort it took you to write this early stage drivers?! Please let me know how much time it took you.
I am on the way to programming merits as well and would like to know more about this, to understand the time consuming constraints.

Do you think doing something similar - but maybe more extensively - for the SpacePilot would be possible?

Would be great to hear from you!

All the best

SpaceNaut alias Onder
So much to explore ...