Solidworks - Zoom to Centre of PC Screen

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

crackers28

Solidworks - Zoom to Centre of PC Screen

Post by crackers28 »

Zooming to Centre of PC Screen

Solidworks 2014
Space Mouse Wireless
3DxWare 10.2.9

I have been using SW for some years and I use the zoom on the mouse scroll button to both zoom and pan. This is achieved by pointing to a feature of the model with the mouse cursor, zooming in using the scroll wheel and model zooms in on the feature which stays roughly in the centre of the PC screen. To pan, merely zoom out a little, move the mouse cursor slightly and then zoom in again on the new area of the model. Again, the area of the model pointed at stays roughly in the centre of the PC screen.

I have just purchased a Space Mouse Wireless as I was getting a certain amount of RSI in my right hand.

I have set Space Mouse right button to “set centre to cursor” using the Solidworks 3D Control menu. However, when I zoom in, the centre does not stay in the centre of the PC screen, but flies off somewhere into space meaning I lose focus of the feature!

Can I set the Space Mouse to keep the selected feature in the centre of the screen whilst zooming?

Thank you.

Dave :roll:
Nottingham, UK.
UtaSH

Re: Solidworks - Zoom to Centre of PC Screen

Post by UtaSH »

Hi crackers28,

I apologize for the trouble you encounter. This is a problem in the navigation and we are aware about this. We are tracking this issue with our internal bug number #6214. I will inform you here if this will be fixed. Thank you for your patience.
thpope

Re: Solidworks - Zoom to Centre of PC Screen

Post by thpope »

I can't believe this is STILL a bug with the add-in!!!!! I can tell you it has everything to do with the geometric size of your assembly. Small to medium size assy's seem to work great. I just have this ridiculous issue with large to very large assy's. My kingdom for a fix to this.