AutoCad Toolbar Docking

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jwpgroup

AutoCad Toolbar Docking

Post by jwpgroup »

I'm running version 6.0.18 (downloaded yesterday) with AutoCAD 2007 which was installed two days ago and has SP1 applied.

Whatever I do, I cannot get the 3D connection toolbar to stay where I leave it when I exit and restart the application. :( If I dock the toolbar, or move it to my second monitor, or indeed turn it off, it always reloads in the same default location. I don't see this behaviour with any of the programme toolbars, just the 3D connection one. :(

This is very annoying as I really don't want to have to turn the thing off everytime I load the app (TBH, I'd be happy if it just didn't load in the first place).

Is there a registery tweak I can do to stop this happening?

Many thanks in advance

John
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

jwpgroup,
I have seen this issue before, but at this time we are unable to reproduce it in-house. :( As you can imagine this makes it difficult to solve. I have opened an internal bug (tracking #4207) to help track this issue. I hope we will be able to solve it soon.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
Dietz

AutoCad Toolbar Docking

Post by Dietz »

jwpgroup,
I had the same problem, worked around it by adding this lsp to my start up suite.

(command "-toolbar")
(command "3dconnexion")
(command "hide")
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

Great News! :D We have reproduced this issue in-house and it has been solved. The solution will be available in our next release.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
markt

Solidworks

Post by markt »

I'm experiencing a similar issue in Solidworks; the 3DControl toolbar always shifts from where I left it when I restart SW. Any chance this is because of the same root cause and will also be fixed in the next release (or has been in the beta that's now available)?

Also, when I right-click and look at the toolbar menu, there are two entries for 3DControl, both of which have the "Fastening Features" icon and neither of which do anything when clicked. There isn't any entry for the Fastening Features toolbar.

SW2007 SP 2.2
Spaceball 5000 USB
Software version 3.0.9 => 3DXWare 6.0.18, Firmware 3.11

Thanks,
-Mark
agoenczi
User
User

Solidworks

Post by agoenczi »

Hi markt

I would suggest to download our newest release (3DxSoftware v3-1-8 ) and install it. See what happens with your toolbar.
agoenczi
markt

No luck

Post by markt »

I've installed 3.1.8 but I still have the same two problems:
  • - After a restart of SW, the 3Dcontrol toolbar always appears next to the standard toolbar, no matter where I put it during the previous session.
    - The toolbar context menu includes two entries for the 3Dcontrol toolbar, both of which display the Fastening Feature icon and do nothing.
agoenczi
User
User

SolidWorks with SpaceBall 5000 USB

Post by agoenczi »

Hi markt

I will try to find out why it happens so as you described.
agoenczi
markt

Oops

Post by markt »

After using 3.1.8 for a few days I realized that it is now losing the assigned command for my "C" button between SW sessions. When I view the mapping panel in SW, the box for the C button is partially hidden behind the Spaceball image; when I mouse over it, it comes to the front, and is empty. The button config for SW in the 3DConnexion control panel still shows the correct command, but nothing happens when I use the C button.
I've tried uninstalling and downgrading to the 3.1.3 beta and 3.0.9 with no change; I didn't use either of these for long enough to be certain of whether this behavior happened when I first installed them, or if it started with 3.1.8.

Thanks,
-Mark

**EDIT** I just found this issue discussed in another thread. Guess I'll have to wait for 3.2...
agoenczi
User
User

SolidWorks with SpaceBall 5000 USB

Post by agoenczi »

Hi markt

I tried to reproduce your issues. I couldn't reproduce exactly the issues which you are claiming.

Only one issue is exactly the same: the key "C" has the function hidden whatever I do.

I have tried with SW 2007 Early Visibility for now. I will try with SW 2007 SP 2 as well.
agoenczi