ESRI GIS Software Support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lucas

ESRI GIS Software Support

Post by Lucas »

ESRI's suite of GIS software should be supported as well.
ArcGIS applications (including ArcMap, 3D Analyst/ArcScene, ArcGlobe) and ArcExplorer are the main applications that needs support.

I know there are many GIS users who would love the 3D navigation capabilities this device gives.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi Lucas:

Thanks for the great feedback and completely agree. Our hope is to work with ESRI to bring the 3D navigation capabilities to their products, and we are excited at the prospect of support in more and more of these types and other 3D / visualization applications, to further expand the list of supported applications.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

Ziva,

It's good to hear that 3DC will be working on supporting ESRI products. I will file a software enhancement request with ESRI Support as well. I would encourage all those who want GIS support and are on ESRI Maintainance to do so as well. Thank you.

http://support.esri.com/
> 'Contact Us'
gregepp

Talk with ESRI

Post by gregepp »

Has their been any talk with ESRI about supporting 3DConnexion devices within ArcGIS? I have been using SpaceNavigator with ArcMap using a dll created by Jiro Shirota but performance could be better. (http://www.simplespatial.net/)
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello gregepp:

That would be the goal, yes. Although we cannot make guarantees about future support or a timeline, I will tell you that we understand that the ESRI Arc series are applications we take seriously and for which we hope there will be a solution in the near future. Stay tuned.

Ziva