USB Type-C support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kentdog

Re: USB Type-C support

Post by kentdog »

Hello 3D Connexion,

Is there any word from the company regarding timing for USB-C support? It sounds like everybody is anxious to here the companies timing and and plans.
Egs7evin96

Post by Egs7evin96 »

I love 3DConnexion products but unfortunately my last mouse was lost when a hotel lost my luggage. The lack of USB-C is making me seriously consider the MX Master 3. I'm happy to wait but only if the company put some information out as to how long I'd be waiting.
futnuh

Post by futnuh »

I'm sitting her with my brand new $4k MacBook Pro running Catalina ... and wondering why I need to add a USB-C adapter to get my mouse to work? 3D Connexion could have seen this coming. The first post to this thread was back in 2017.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

Egs7evin96 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:27 am I love 3DConnexion products but unfortunately my last mouse was lost when a hotel lost my luggage. The lack of USB-C is making me seriously consider the MX Master 3. I'm happy to wait but only if the company put some information out as to how long I'd be waiting.
Even the MX Master 3 has an USB-A wireless adapter together with a Bluetooth connection.

There’s probably a technical limitation in micro-USB and USB-C that makes impossible to build wireless adapters. I’m wondering if Bluetooth LE, that is missing in 3D mouse, could achieve the same performance...
rudiwave

Post by rudiwave »

Just to add my vote: I am also hoping for a USB-C Universal Receiver. The SpaceMouse Pro Wireless is awesome and it could make a beautiful clean working environment. However having to constantly plug in the receiver with an adapter is really annoying. Please just offer a USB-C receiver for 20$ and ill give you my money.

Cheers
SVV

Post by SVV »

Hi guys,

I've upgraded my Spacemouse Enterprise, it has a combo Type-C and Type-A plug now. You can find the details of the process here:

https://youtu.be/Rl6INKUUBHQ

There is also a much nicer and more general video made by DIY Perks (you can find the link in the description of my video) showing how to convert wireless receivers and basically upgrade any Type-A device to a Type-C.

Looks like 3dconnexion is not really interested in this topic, as offering a device with USB Type-C plug is not a big deal technically. Fortunately, we users can solve the issue by outselves ; )
rudiwave

Post by rudiwave »

Awesome, thanks for the link, will try it out :)
luping

Post by luping »

SVV wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:36 am Hi guys,

I've upgraded my Spacemouse Enterprise, it has a combo Type-C and Type-A plug now. You can find the details of the process here:

https://youtu.be/Rl6INKUUBHQ

There is also a much nicer and more general video made by DIY Perks (you can find the link in the description of my video) showing how to convert wireless receivers and basically upgrade any Type-A device to a Type-C.

Looks like 3dconnexion is not really interested in this topic, as offering a device with USB Type-C plug is not a big deal technically. Fortunately, we users can solve the issue by outselves ; )

You really don't need to do so, a simple USB type-C adapter/converter will do the job quickly for less than 0.2 US dollar.
2021-06-08_09h14_39.png
2021-06-08_09h14_39.png (59.26 KiB) Viewed 60051 times
JerrySil

Post by JerrySil »

Why are we in 2021 and STILL the wireless 3D mouse has micro USB instead of USB-C?? I want to buy a few products, but I won't buy any items without USB-C because they would not be future-proof.

Hopefully, 3dconnexion can respond to this post to tell us that they're working on it. Otherwise, it's simply embarrassing.
diogomendes

Post by diogomendes »

Lack of USB C is stopping me from buying a wireless spacemouse.

I wonder if buying and soldering USB C connectors on these would be a profitable venture.

My hypothesis is that they have fired all the development teams and this is a company just with sales and support teams. :D
RandyChrisman

Post by RandyChrisman »

Welcome 2022, I just received the spacemouse kit 2 as a gift and again like all the previous comments I have a MacBook Pro and only USB-C and have seen numerous PCs that only have USB-C as well. I'd be just happy with an Optional USB-C dongle to purchase separately.... PLease Help and Address this Tech Support....
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

As far as I know usb c wireless dongle can’t exist for interferences issues
toores

Post by toores »

I'm also holding off buying a 3d mouse until it has usb-c receiver and usb-c charging port.
I don't use a single micro usb cable in my home and I have plenty usb-c cables.

Also, usb-a to usb-c adapter is bulky and will kill your computers C port in time. (mechanical leverage...)
toores

Post by toores »

marcarch wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:40 am As far as I know usb c wireless dongle can’t exist for interferences issues
this seems legit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-vFtiDYiIw
sharpstick

Post by sharpstick »

Throwing my vote in here for a move to USB-C. I am planning to order a wired SpaceMouse because I don't like to have to keep all my devices charged but having to keep up with a separate dongle is yet another piece of hardware to keep track of.

Is there any roadmap for making this switch?