Ability to use SpaceMouse Pro inside Internet Explorer

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sgrant

Ability to use SpaceMouse Pro inside Internet Explorer

Post by sgrant »

I've rendered a 360 degree panoramic view in Autodesk Revit and have saved the view out in an html link. When I click on the file to open it, it takes me to Internet Explorer where I can view the 360 rendering with my mouse. I'd like to be able to use the SpaceMouse Pro to navigate the view instead of my mouse. Below is the link to the view.

P:\A17K0000\Drawings\Renderings\Video Presentation\Cloud Panoramics\A17K0000 - Lilly K173 VIEW NORTHWEST CORNER.html
mchahn

Re: Ability to use SpaceMouse Pro inside Internet Explorer

Post by mchahn »

I also need browser support, mainly Chrome but others also.

I have a hardware device that supports six axes of freedom and the connexion products would be a perfect adjunct. The control software is limited to a browser app and there is no desktop OS support.

I'm prepared to write drivers for all OS' to browsers if it is possible. I am just now investigating what is required for javascript. I assume I will need the user to install an extension.

Any help would be appreciated. The support for browsers would surely expand the market for connexion devices.
mchahn

Post by mchahn »

I just discovered that the browser-based cad program OnShape supports the Space Mouse so I know it is possible. I see they did this in cooperation with Connexion. Is a driver available for developers?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

our driver provides an addin for the browser (not IE) that enables 3D mouse support for a browser based application. But the application (like Onshape) has to make use of it.

Our SDK can be found here.
jetic

Post by jetic »

Hi UtaSH,

I downloaded the SDK for Mac, and I found a bunch of example projects.

I am mainly interested in using the SpaceMouse Pro in my webapplication (javascript).

You mentioned the driver adds a browser addin. Could you please point me to that addin, or is there no need to explicitly install it?

Also, how can I find the webapp make use of it? Is there a documentation of the browser addin?

Thanks for helping!!
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi jetic,

please contact our developers with your questions. You can either post them in the developer forum or contact them by email. The contact details can be found on the download site of the SDK.
mazarpo

Post by mazarpo »

Hello everyone,
I have tried to download the sdk but it says that I am locked out? I have created a aacount already. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Raphael Andrade