Editor to assign custom icons

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jwick

Re: Editor to assign custom icons

Post by jwick »

Sorry. The xsi:type=... is for a default file. I should not have included that for you to put into a user file. I'll go back and edit that.

There's always a problem with keyboard localization.

The key that is stored isn't necessarily the key that is printed on keycap. It is really a physical key location that is stored. In an En-US keyboard that is a q. I have to look into the details to see what we do to try to translate that. There is often an issue when one keyboard is used, a different system language is selected, and an application is in yet another language.

In general the intention is that it is, in effect, localized for the user who created it. He presses the keys he wants to replay, and they are saved and replayed back. Depending on the language settings, it will be one letter or another. Confusing things happen with German keyboards were ^z and ^y are swapped.

It does make it hard to create macros for multiple languages. We store the macros separately for the various languages as a result. There are separate files for that. I have not yet implemented a way to transfer that information to a single cfg file.

It might be best to let the user create the macros in our GUI and you add icons to them.
You are correct, there is no way to edit them after the ButtonAction is created. These are issues we would need to address if we implemented this.

I wouldn't dig too deep into the multiple listings of the Ligne macros now. If it works, let users have a go at it.
Repier37

Post by Repier37 »

For information, I have released a new version of the tool. Now with preview of already assigned icons. Useful when you don't remember which icons already have it.

I took your suggestion of keeping the tool has it is for now (not adding macros creation support).
MRMWV

Post by MRMWV »

Is this post still relevant? I tried running the Configuration Editor and it doesn't find any Macros. I also opened the .xml file and there is no code calling out images at all. I am not a coder, so I may be missing something, but I would like to figure out how this works for Chief Architect.

Thanks,
Repier37

Post by Repier37 »

The post is still relevant, the app still works for me.

Did you :
- Add the macros using the standard configurator
- Opened the created xml files using my editor ?
- Added added images using my editor ?

If yes, could you send me your xml file so I can have a look ?
Wreubzaet

Post by Wreubzaet »

Hello everyone, it been quite a long time but I wanted to give an update and post my current issues with setting up custom icons for PTC Creo for my SpaceMouse Enterprise.

I have been using a batch script for some years now to replace the *.images.xml file that is created in \AppData\Local\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg\Extevery time Creo is run with my modified file that contains the location of each custom mapkey image. This works well, but I have to execute it once every time after I have started Creo. Now I wanted to get rid of this so that the correct images are automatically loaded when starting the program.

I learned that my modifications to the SpaceMouse configuration are stored in %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg (c:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg) in ProE.XML. This file contains all the custom menus and button actions that I set up using the 3Dconnexion driver software and is loaded upon Creo start. It does -not- contain any links to the custom mapkey images. I tried adding these myself into this file but as soon as I make any change to this file whatsoever the menus in Creo get bugged. Either my syntax is wrong or this cannot be done in this file?

Could somebody help me out and provide me with the correct file and/or syntax? I've been trying to figure it out with the information from this forum topic and other topics, but without success.

An example section of ProE.XML for a mapkey is this:

Code: Select all

<ButtonAction Type="AppCommand">
			<ID>AppCommand_ProMacro xu</ID>
			<Name>Flip Cross Section (xu) (xu)</Name>
			<AppCmdID>ProMacro xu</AppCmdID>
		</ButtonAction>
The image I would like to use is this one:

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Mapkey_Icons\Flip Cross Section_32.png
Any help is appreciated!
Wreubzaet

Post by Wreubzaet »

I would also like to emphasize again that it would be very helpful to have the functionality to assign custom icons built into the software. I have seen this getting requested multiple times in the forums and it really cannot be that hard for the developers to implement this.
Repier37

Post by Repier37 »

Did you try my app ?
Wreubzaet

Post by Wreubzaet »

Yes, I tried your app but regardless of which file I open, it does not list any mapkeys I can assign an icon to. Which file am I supposed to edit with it and from which location?