CadMouse button issues

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

greglacle

Re: CadMouse button issues

Post by greglacle »

I found this on Amazon. Could this be it?
https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Switch-Lo ... 829&sr=8-2

Can someone let me know if this is the right one?

Kind Regards,

Greg
Attachments
cherry_DG4-T85.JPG
cherry_DG4-T85.JPG (108.71 KiB) Viewed 50469 times
luping

Post by luping »

tonybombata wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:18 am
luping wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:43 pm
greglacle wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm Dear All, I have the same issue currently.
It is becoming very annoying and is hindering my work.

I have updated my CADmouse drivers with the latest drivers as of Today November 18th of 2020.

Can someone tell me if this is a hardware issue or software issue?

Kind Regards.

Greg
It's the fault of the micro-switches for the CadMouse, it uses made in China cheap entry-level micro-switches OMRON D2FC-F-7N with 5 million mechanical clicks life, the actual electrical life is less than 500,000 clicks before there's a double-click issue. I recommend you buy some made in Japan Cherry DG4 T85 0.74N or OMRON D2F-F-3-7 micro-switches to replace the OMRON D2FC-F-7N micro-switches, the made in Japan Cherry DG4 T85 and OMRON D2F-F-3-7 micro-switches are of high electrical life.
I live in Nigeria, so i doubt i will get any support. how does one go about opening up a cadmouse please? if the worst comes to the worst, i may end up swapping switches from a cadmouse wireless to a cadmouse pro wireless [if there is no soldering involved though]

You have online aliexpress, ebay, amazon as your backup plan, there's the international parcel services like DHL, UPS...
luping

Post by luping »

greglacle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:06 pm I found this on Amazon. Could this be it?
https://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Switch-Lo ... 829&sr=8-2

Can someone let me know if this is the right one?

Kind Regards,

Greg
Yeah, go with DG4 T85(made in Japan) over DG2 T85(made in Germany), the made in Japan DG4 T85 basic switches are better.
ozangulec@aol.com

Post by ozangulec@aol.com »

luping wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:16 am
KappaLUL wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:02 am A couple of days ago my CadMouse started malfunctioning.
When used, the left mouse button does klick but rarely a single click comes through. It does either a double click or nothing at all.
To function properly the mouse button must be clicked with increased force and past the clicking sound.

I would like to open a support ticket and hopefully get it replaced but the email address to which i registered my devices is no longer active. How should i continue?
I recently bought a cadmouse and noticed that 3Dconnexion doesn't use mechanical microswitch with top durability for it, for example, 3Dconnexion doesn't use Omron blue microswitch D2FC-F-K(50M) for the high price cadmouse.
How Do you know? it is made out cheap Chinese Omron switch don't believe me open and look at it ;-)
ozangulec@aol.com

Post by ozangulec@aol.com »

CAD mouse switches made from china 7N(10M) Omron. which you can find any cheap mouse on market. make sure register your product. they last about 1 year. good luck.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

zoomer wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:37 pm Same here,
my first CADMouse left click stopped working properly after 3 months.
(none or multiple clicks + aluminium ring oxidation)
It was replaced.
Now, 1-2 years later the same issues.
Missing clicks or double clicks, Alu body looks like 20 years in use, again.
zoomer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 am got my second replacement CADMouse.
The Metal Body feels different now.
So I hope it is the next revision with more reliable switches.
So far it feels great.

OK,
4 years later the 2nd replacement of my CADMouse USB starts to fail with
left clicks again.

I could live with missed clicks but if you delete a single Mail but two or more
of them move to trash can, that is too annoying.
And the bottom silver ring is again corroded.
(Again green. Is there any copper in that alloy ?, looks like Grünspan)
maliya1

Post by maliya1 »

Experiencing button issues with my CadMouse—frustrating! The primary buttons seem unresponsive at times, impacting my workflow. Tried troubleshooting by updating drivers, but no luck.magic 8 ball The inconsistency is hindering precision work in CAD applications. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Hoping for a quick resolution or guidance on a reliable fix. Considering reaching out to technical support for assistance.