Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
ccustodiojunior
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:32 am

Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by ccustodiojunior » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:58 am

Hi

I am testing my new Space Mouse Enterprise Kit for the first time.

This is normal?

https://youtu.be/-JaPrdBFLJg


https://youtu.be/96UOyjCIyFA

Carlos
Civil Engineer

ccustodiojunior
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by ccustodiojunior » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:08 am

I would like to know if the product came defective

This has a slack and an annoying click-like noise.

You can listen in the video.

Carlos
Civil Engineer

notkevinhise
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:33 am

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by notkevinhise » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 am

The video you've posted to Youtube is private...so who knows.

ccustodiojunior
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:32 am

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by ccustodiojunior » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:36 am

sorry I just fixed the video.

Carlos
Civil Engineer

UtaSH
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3702
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am
Location: Munich, Germany
Contact:

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by UtaSH » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:10 am

Hi Carlos,

seems that there is a mechanical issue with the device. Might be defective. :(
Please contact our Technical Support Team.

SAGEA
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by SAGEA » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi

I saw your video, did you have a solution by the support? Is this a general problem or a defect in your Spacemouse Entreprise because mine does it a little

Regards

Stéphane

bogordo
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:43 pm

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by bogordo » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:50 pm

I have a similar problem here, almost didn't use the mouse...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZ1cFzuy8BgN62gv8

Contacted support, will see what's next... :roll:

Ivan
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:36 pm

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by Ivan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:40 pm

bogordo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:50 pm
I have a similar problem here, almost didn't use the mouse...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZ1cFzuy8BgN62gv8

Contacted support, will see what's next... :roll:
What was the outcome?
Just purchased one and have the same issue described here.

Alexander
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:11 am

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by Alexander » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:22 am

Ivan wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:40 pm
bogordo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:50 pm
I have a similar problem here, almost didn't use the mouse...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZ1cFzuy8BgN62gv8

Contacted support, will see what's next... :roll:
What was the outcome?
Just purchased one and have the same issue described here.
I'll tell you more: a year ago I purchased SpaceMouse Enterprise, it had such a defect. The technical expertise of 3Dconnexion found no defect. I fiercely returned the money from the dealer for the defective product. And now I have purchased SpaceMouse Pro with the same problem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyKCvIW4PEA I get the impression that the company has new quality standards, since they recognize this as a serviceable product.

luping
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by luping » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:08 pm

Alexander wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:22 am
Ivan wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:40 pm
bogordo wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:50 pm
I have a similar problem here, almost didn't use the mouse...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KZ1cFzuy8BgN62gv8

Contacted support, will see what's next... :roll:
What was the outcome?
Just purchased one and have the same issue described here.
I'll tell you more: a year ago I purchased SpaceMouse Enterprise, it had such a defect. The technical expertise of 3Dconnexion found no defect. I fiercely returned the money from the dealer for the defective product. And now I have purchased SpaceMouse Pro with the same problem! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyKCvIW4PEA I get the impression that the company has new quality standards, since they recognize this as a serviceable product.
The controlling cap or the knob of the SpaceMouse series is not fixed, it comes with mechanical springs, tight assembling plastic part with printed circuit board fastened by screws. It's movable, there's the potential risk of excessive finger torque which will leads to deformation and abrasion issue. You have to learn to use the controlling cap with small torque so as to prolong the device life.

jwick
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2827
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Space mouse enterprise. This is normal?

Post by jwick » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:36 am

It's not clear what issue the video is attempting to show. The device does seem to make more noise than I normally hear when moving the cap to the extreme position (it is not normally used at the extreme position).

If there are any questions, get our tech support on the phone before the warranty period expires.

I assume the device works fine in a 3D mouse supporting application. There was no information about that in the post.

Post Reply