Moving in one axis limits the range of others

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Crowley

Moving in one axis limits the range of others

Post by Crowley »

I can't seem to move the device in multiple axes to their max position,
For example when i tilt it all the way to one side i can't rotate it all the way, and if i try it will tilt back.
Same case for combining panning and tilting, and it seems like a hardware limitation.

1: Are there any workarounds to this?

2: Is there the same limitation on every 3Dconnexion device? (I'm using SpaceMouse wireless)
UtaSH

Re: Moving in one axis limits the range of others

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Crowley,

this sounds as if you might have the Dominant mode active. Open the driver settings and go to the Advanced Settings. There you can find on the left side a possibility to disable the Dominant mode if it is active by accident.

Let me know if this is the problem or if you need further assistance.
Crowley

Post by Crowley »

Hello Uta,
Thank you for your response.

I checked and Dominant mode is off.
To clarify i do get simultaneous outputs from different axes, i just can't move the device to it's maximum position in more than one axis.
i.e when i rotate both around the Z and X axes they average at around %75 and when forcing one to %100 the other gets lower.
I'm still not sure if this is just the way the hardware was built or a software issue.

This is my first time using this device. My assumption was that i get the full range of outputs in all 6 degrees of freedom simultaneously without one
Effecting the other. Am i missing something?
jwick

Post by jwick »

This is a hardware limitation. See this post
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

I did discover the specific limitations to sub 1.0 scales and posted on this other thread
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... 270#p70270

So why set less than 1? Access to more control input levels per axis for finer control (I had it set low for fast Descent, around 0.37)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLu7 ... tE8r-GmJCY