SpaceMouse & Bluetooth

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Vrmithrax

SpaceMouse & Bluetooth

Post by Vrmithrax » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:56 am

Any idea if there will ever be a Bluetooth version of the wireless SpaceMouse? I would absolutely love to be able to do away with having to deal with that wireless dongle on my laptop - I'm afraid to leave it plugged in and damage it when moving the laptop, packing in/out of my bag, etc. And having to unplug and replug the thing every time I am transitioning to a new location is equally nerve-wracking. I've had my share of wireless mouse dongles break, inadvertently get lost, or even damage a USB connector over a lot of disconnect/reconnect cycles. Every peripheral I use (other than my wireless SpaceMouse) is chosen through the criteria of BT connectivity first, then functionality. Having my current laptop with only 2 available USB ports probably doesn't help my urge to get rid of any USB dongles either :)

So, anybody know if there is any hope for future versions with more connectivity options? I saw a few posts lamenting the lack of Bluetooth, but nothing besides that.

godson

Re: SpaceMouse & Bluetooth

Post by godson » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 pm

I REALLY wish they would use bluetooth. I have to do most my design from a Macbook 12 that has 1 USB-C port. I have stopped using both my space(mice) because of this.

I will buy the first product that uses BT whichever company makes one.

Framed_Previz90

Post by Framed_Previz90 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:55 am

Using a space mouse on the go is becoming near impossible. USB ports are almost fully phased out. Please look into bluetooth support

denesgeza

Post by denesgeza » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi,

any news on this?

I want to order one, but have only usb c ports on my laptop.

The dongle is usb-c?

Thanks

Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 pm

I did request it about 9 years ago https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4361
The next day someone requested wireless without specifying BlueTooth.
This post a few years after https://forum.3dconnexion.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7749

It would open up 3DMice to smartphones and tablets.