Zbrush Petition

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

spitfire31

Re: Zbrush Petition

Post by spitfire31 »

Hi,

New here, on the point of ordering my Space Navigator. Luckily, I browsed the 3DConnexion website and forum first.

I'm running Mac OS since 28 years and there are exactly three (3) programs that I'd need for Space navigator to work seamlessly with:

1) Photoshop CS6 (Mac). Check!

2) DAZ Studio (Mac). No? Only Windows? Why?

3) ZBrush (Mac). And now I learn that in spite of all petitioning, apparently the industry standard creative 3D program isn't interesting for 3DConnection.

I'm totally disappointed. With only one software out of three, I'll have to look elsewhere for compatible hardware.

/Joachim Smith
Sweden
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

spitfire31 wrote:
3) ZBrush (Mac). And now I learn that in spite of all petitioning, apparently the industry standard creative 3D program isn't interesting for 3DConnection.
I dont know about the other software incompatibilities, but the blame for lack of ZBrush support is entirely on Pixologic.
After multiple attempts, they remain completely closed to the idea of 3dmouse support.
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
rodrigotrovao

Post by rodrigotrovao »

no support yet? It was my most awaited software support for this 3d mouse...
Seanski

Post by Seanski »

Sorry to revive an old thread, but saying the blame is on Pixologic is ill informed and makes no sense. It is not Zbrush's issue to pick and choose which hardware they support, and then supply plugins for every piece of hardware. Pixologic have supplied their SDK to 3DConnexion, but 3DConnexion have failed to implement a solution despite repeated requests from their loyal users! Windows does not make Windows work with Logitech, Logitech makes their devices work with Windows, as does any hardware supplier via their driver/plugin packages..... same applies here.

You've got the Zbrush SDK 3DConnexion, whip your developers out of their comfort zone and have them develop support one of the industry's most used software packages into your driver package! Simples as the Meerkat would say...
Tomtribute

Post by Tomtribute »

Hi Guys,

Perhaps an individual offended another of the opposite 'camp'. Whatever happened, perhaps the 'withholding' party could be magnanimous enough to overlook the shortcoming and grow beyond himself and just bless the wider community. I believe I do not speak alone to say we cannot fathom the 'reason' for this delay. Evidently, one day the truth will leak out. Just hope it will not be because of a grudge. You guys (brands), both have this raw potential to just come together to save us so much time. Please, please consider and thanks.
reborn_designer

Post by reborn_designer »

Unbelievable :shock: still no support. SAD :(
JoshuaBell

Post by JoshuaBell »

I really do wish Zbrush would work with this mouse.
Njordy

Post by Njordy »

8 years petitioning with zero result. :)
arpruss

Post by arpruss »

Seanski wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:27 pm You've got the Zbrush SDK 3DConnexion, whip your developers out of their comfort zone and have them develop support one of the industry's most used software packages into your driver package! Simples as the Meerkat would say...
If the Zbrush people are willing to supply an SDK sufficient to allow one to make a driver, why doesn't someone not affiliated with 3dconnexion just do it? It wouldn't be all that hard given a good SDK. (I say this having implemented a driver for TinkerCAD, without any SDK.)
dany888

Post by dany888 »

absolutly add zbrush support for zbrush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
arpruss

Post by arpruss »

I haven't developed any zbrush plugins yet, but I am speculating that something like this method might work on Windows:

1. In the background run a Windows process that watches for new data coming from the SpaceMouse.
2. Whenever new data comes, the Windows process writes a matrix transform to a spacemousedata.zvr file and triggers a spacemousedata.zsc zscript by sending a hotkey to ZBrush.
3. The spacemousedata.zsc zscript reads the matrix data from spacemousedata.zvr, right multiplies it by the current transform (obtained with GetTransform), and applies the resulting matrix with SetTransform.

There might be some problems with reading and writing overlapping. It may be necessary to set a maximum data sending rate in the background process. It would also be good to put the spacemousedata.zvr file on a ramdisk.
Guille

Post by Guille »

April 2019...Nothing... no Zbrush, no Mudbox 2019
tmcthree

Post by tmcthree »

If there's an sdk, could it be crowdfunded?
Japi

Post by Japi »

Another vote for Zbrush support!
zigor

Post by zigor »

Hi. Can you give us some information on when we can get the driver for Zbrush?

Thanks