iPad and CadMouse Wireless

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

RePeteeMe

iPad and CadMouse Wireless

Post by RePeteeMe »

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect CadMouse Wireless to iPad Pro via bluetooth. When the mouse connects, the mouse pointer appears and can be moved around the screen. The problem is that not a single button works. Nothing can be clicked. The only thing that still works is the scroll wheel and you can scroll through the lists.
I had CadMouse (wired one) first and i tryed to connect it to the iPad Pro using USB-C adapter and got same behavior (nothing can be clicked). I was in hope that Wireless version will work but it doesn't :-(

Is there any hope that it will be possible to click even with a single left button?
luping

Re: iPad and CadMouse Wireless

Post by luping »

No problem for CadMouse Wireless to work with my Huawei android phone, all left/middle/right buttons works except the 3DX button behind the scroll wheel.
PdB

Post by PdB »

I’ve got the same experience as RePeteeMe, I can’t get more functionality out of the mouse other than getting the pointer and scroll.
Purchased the mouse to pair it with the iPad Pro. To me it would make for a great combo, both mobile and easy to protect when traveling.

Any change of a firmware update of some sorts to at least make the right-click work?
MadCadder

Post by MadCadder »

luping wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:42 pm No problem for CadMouse Wireless to work with my Huawei android phone, all left/middle/right buttons works except the 3DX button behind the scroll wheel.
Well done, Luping. Perhaps you should post this on a thread related to huawei and android; seeing as this post was about the mouses compatibility with iPad, your answer is completely irrelevant.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

I'm afraid this is a serious mouse firmware issue.
Would be nice if developers would reply to this long ongoing issue
luping

Post by luping »

MadCadder wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:31 am
luping wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:42 pm No problem for CadMouse Wireless to work with my Huawei android phone, all left/middle/right buttons works except the 3DX button behind the scroll wheel.
Well done, Luping. Perhaps you should post this on a thread related to huawei and android; seeing as this post was about the mouses compatibility with iPad, your answer is completely irrelevant.
Apple products are notorious for bad third-party hardware and software compatibility issue. In this case, iPadOS is not as good as Android mobile operating system for third-party mouse. Maybe the firmware in CadMouse Wireless is not fully tested for iPadOS, as such, it's not recommended to pair the CadMouse Wireless with iPad.