ZBrush brush size modifier

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Famberg

ZBrush brush size modifier

Post by Famberg »

I recently purchased the Spacemouse Enterprise specifically for using it with ZBrush and I'm loving it so far, but there is one specific feature I'm missing - a brush size modifier.
Having the option to map a button on the Spacemouse to change the brush size (and maybe intensity if it's possible) when turning the knob would be a huge workflow improvement.
As far as I know this feature is already an option for Photoshop, so I assume it would probably be easy to just implement said feature in ZBrush?
UtaSH

Re: ZBrush brush size modifier

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Famberg,

the integration of the SpaceMouse in zBrush has been implemented by Pixologic with the help of our SDK. Would you please let them know that this is a feature that you - as their customer - would like to see? 3Dconnexion cannot implement this in zBrush. Pixologic has to do it.
david_j_calabrese

Post by david_j_calabrese »

Which leads to a future hardware feature request: Please add a Knob or Dial to devices like the SpaceMouse Pro "3" and Enterprise "3" in future revisions.

All of the buttons on the Enterprise are great, and many application control surfaces also include dials (Wacom ExpressKey Remote, Celsys Tabmate, etc.) which are very handy, especially in applications like Photoshop and ZBrush.

Something with the features below would be ideal, which sells for USD $355:

Cheers.
BViking

Post by BViking »

UtaSH wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:44 am Hi Famberg,

the integration of the SpaceMouse in zBrush has been implemented by Pixologic with the help of our SDK. Would you please let them know that this is a feature that you - as their customer - would like to see? 3Dconnexion cannot implement this in zBrush. Pixologic has to do it.
Would it not be possible to specify a modifier key in the buttons section of settings that altered the behaviour of the controller cap when held? Then the axis could be mapped to button presses or macros, circumventing the need for vendor specific implementations. This would be so useful for not just ZBrush, but Blender and any 3d program plus painting and image editing apps.